- 01-19-2013, 03:19 AM #1
I have a problem while deleting e-mail. If I get an e-mails on the phone from multiple accounts and delete it and then I will start using my Surface I will receive the same e-mails on tablet again and even if I remove them there and them I'll jump to my desktop with W8 I will receive them again (I've changed Outlook setting to delete e-mails when using any third party e-mail app, but still that doesn't help). What should I do to be able to get rid of them from one device only without having to do that again and again?
- 01-19-2013, 03:23 AM #2
How did you set up your email?
The behavior you describe happens with POP3 accounts, as every device will just check the server for mails and just download them. If you set it up with IMAP (or Exchange) it should mark the mails as read (or delete them directly if you delete them on a device) on the server.
- 01-19-2013, 04:00 AM #4
I use IMAP on two computers (Outlook and Windows Live), my WP8 phone and sometimes over the web interface, and it works like a charm without setting any special options. Maybe somebody else has more ideas.
- 01-21-2013, 04:57 AM #8Windows Phone Central Moderator "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'." - Apparently you can have an iPhone transplant...
- By book1245 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 05-09-2012, 10:14 AM
- By Winning Guy in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 11-24-2011, 01:22 PM
- By Dkflipse in forum HTC RadarReplies: 10Last Post: 11-08-2011, 06:34 PM
- By tiwizard in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-19-2011, 08:39 PM