- 01-19-2013, 01:04 AM #1
I have gotten a Nokia 920 some time ago, however I have never received any facebook toast notifications to the device (even with the official FB app installed). I have tried many things, including
- Linking facebook to my outlook account and giving it all the permissions
- Turning off https security in the facebook account
- Reinstalling the facebook app and rebooting the phone (many times and in different combinations)
- Making sure that facebook app works in as a background tasks
- Adding/deleting the facebook account in email/account settings multiple times
- Making sure facebook chat is on in the messaging section for accounts
- Making sure toast+tile notifications are on in the official facebook application
I have just spent the last few hours screwing around with this, I am really bewildered why this isn't working, either out of the box or with tinkering on the phone
- 01-19-2013, 01:56 AM #4
I got my 920 at launch and have never received a notification of any kind from FB. Lock screen or on tile, nothing. And yes I have it pinned to start. I just figured it was some setting I had missed or something wasn't working right. Haven't found anything yet but haven't spent a lot of time looking. Do you have to set something up with FB to push notifications to phone? I've tried everything OP listed as well.
- 01-19-2013, 07:42 AM #7
It appears I am getting tiled notifications (albeit not reliably), however I am talking specifically about notifications that come up the top of the screen (i.e. toast notifications). If someone messages me on facebook, I would like to hear that 'ding' similar to SMS instead of me having to manually check the phone all the time
Also is it possible to message people on facebook in a similar fashion that is done with SMS, I noticed I have facebook chat enabled in messaging however it doesn't appear to work
- 01-19-2013, 10:30 AM #8
Make sure your chat backup is enabled and use Facebook chat is also enabled in messaging settings. If you keep your status to away or available in the messaging hub you will receive all messages.
For Facebook alerts I changed my settings on Facebook who is want to show in my new stream and my me tile alerts me, I think the me tile is the best way to get live notification alerts of new postings.
- 01-19-2013, 05:31 PM #9
EDIT: Actually nvm, it seems to be working now, just had to restart phone. It was the avilable (status) thing, thanks heaps!, just a pity it wasn't on by default
- 01-24-2013, 06:31 AM #11
If a FB friend sends me a message on FB, shouldn't I receive some notification on my phone, either in my ME tile or a notification on the FB tile that is pinned to my sceen? Because I'm not getting any, the only way I know is that i get an email message in my Outlook account.
- By tewill in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 3Last Post: 09-28-2012, 10:21 AM
- By jd914 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 3Last Post: 04-13-2012, 08:14 PM
- By J4rrod in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 10Last Post: 01-14-2012, 10:54 PM
- By Enemy Zero in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 02-20-2011, 03:51 PM