01-16-2013, 02:20 PM #1
- 89 Posts
I just installed whatsapp and was surprised to see only a handful of contacts in its favorite tab. I did some experimenting and found out that only after:
1. I update someone's profile and add his/her no. in edit Google (in People app)
2. Refresh contact list in Whatsapp
3. Close it
4. Re-open it
it does show up in my favorite's list. I have 95% of contacts in People who have their number updated in FB from where it is showing their contact in People app. And their cell no. are not taken up by Whatsapp.
Please help me, how to solve this. I cannot manually update each profile adding their no. in Google.
02-26-2013, 03:35 AM #3
- 2 Posts
First of all, in the fav tab I only have very few contacts and it stops at the "N" letter.
Second, I recall having the same issue back on android and I eventually figured it out by adding up each contact's phone and then sync again, I'm afraid there's other solution cause Whatsapp doesn't recognize some numbers...strangely enough, a lot of those who don't appear are from my Google phonebook, but then again, some of those that appear, are also from Google, I really don't get it.
Try to get it solved and let you know if I do find something
Just found this: http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/21230602
Explains everything but most importantly that it is COMPELLING to have your friend's phone number (or whoever you want to add) in your phonebook, so no social networks.
Last edited by winsmak; 02-26-2013 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Found out the reason why
- By Pratheesh Arridhas in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 32Last Post: 04-11-2013, 03:04 AM
- By double_zee in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 37Last Post: 03-18-2013, 02:34 PM
- By Yashjain in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 8Last Post: 02-23-2013, 04:48 AM
- By bellyer in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 12-18-2012, 07:17 AM
- By pedro0223 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 11-14-2012, 08:46 PM