View Poll Results: If you use Facebook on WP8, which app do you use?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft Facebook App

17 37.78%
  • touch.facebook.com or m.facebook.com

13 28.89%
  • People Hub

13 28.89%
  • Or a 3rd party Facebook app?

2 4.44%
  1.    #1  
    I have been using the touch.facebook.com on my Lumia 920, and have to say it is the best facebook UI and performance than any other app or even the people hub. When I tried the touch.facebook.com on my Titan 2 last night for giggles, it was worthless. I am not sure of the changes with IE, but it works wonderful on my Lumia 920.

The only issue is: some pics are cut off and there is no way to view the pic.

I have the HTML5 app for facebook (touch.facebook.com) I have it pinned to my home screen. I just wish it had a live title instead of a copy of the webpage when I first pinned it.

What facebook app are you using?

The Microsoft Facebook,
    HTML5 Facebook app within IE, (touch.facebook.com)
    People Hub
    or another Facebook app.

A combination of the People Hub and the FB App is sufficient for me. I'd maybe like a bit more functionality on the FB App, but most of the time if I going to do larger things on FB, im on a laptop or desktop.

So those two things work for me.

--
    Favorite Phone: Nokia Lumia
    Favorite Portable: Asus Transformer

mostly the touch website

I am not a heavy-duty FB user, so the People Hub suffice for me atm.

The People Hub. There's only really group chat (only really have one going with 2 friends) that I dont have access to from the "usual stuff I do on Facebook" with the People-hub, but I'll manage :D

For phone, I use my lumia 920, for Facebook and apps I use my iPod Touch 5th Gen.
    Yellow Lumia 1020 (RM-875) Unlocked International

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    m.facebook.com + People Hub
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,418 Global Posts
    People Hub + Facebook app does it for me. Makes fanpage management a thorn in my *** but it does the job otherwise.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Mostly m.facebook.com

Does nobody else use the full desktop site (facebook.com)?

The screen on my 920 is big enough. I can scroll around and zoom in to the central panel easily and quickly. There is a lot more options on the full site and everything just feels more familier, its almost like when I use my laptop.

I also have the touch site as a favourite, but I don't use it very often. Somtimes I also use the People Hub to scroll though whats new. The Microsoft App is also useful for notifications

The significant difference, IMHO, between the FB app and the facebook browser (including mobile) sites is that the browser versions all apply FB's "guess whose posts I want to see" logic whereas the apps generally show everything. This might not be evident until your friend count gets high enough but it's a substantial difference once it does.

Global Posts
    1,638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by E Lizzle View Post
    The significant difference, IMHO, between the FB app and the facebook browser (including mobile) sites is that the browser versions all apply FB's "guess whose posts I want to see" logic whereas the apps generally show everything. This might not be evident until your friend count gets high enough but it's a substantial difference once it does.
    This. The People Hub and Facebook app is pretty worthless to me. It fills my feed with crap that I have hidden. Crap that stays hidden on touch.facebook.com and the iOS and Android apps. I don't get it and it drives me nuts. Maybe third party apps are (like the People hub and WP8 Facebook app) are not allowed that api or whatever it takes to view that filtered feed?

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    This. The People Hub and Facebook app is pretty worthless to me. It fills my feed with crap that I have hidden. Crap that stays hidden on touch.facebook.com and the iOS and Android apps. I don't get it and it drives me nuts. Maybe third party apps are (like the People hub and WP8 Facebook app) are not allowed that api or whatever it takes to view that filtered feed?
    It is a 3rd party app issue and existed on the webOS Touchpad Facebook appp as well that was developed by HP. Some people don't show up depending on FB privacy settings for 3rd party apps, hidden feeds come through, etc.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,418 Global Posts
    Tbh, what I like about People Hub is the automatic notification filtering. Any and all game requests are automatically filtered.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,766 Global Posts
    I mainly use the People hub, but wind up using the vanilla MS Facebook app when I can't like something on the P-Hub (don't know why it lets you some times and doesn't at other times) or want to hit a facebook page of a "liked" company cause the People hub doesn't show liked organisations in your contacts list :'(
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    i use touch.facebook.com

BUT the picture quality sucks because the resolution is sooo low. why is that?

how did you pin the HTML5 one to your home screen rdubmu

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    Tbh, what I like about People Hub is the automatic notification filtering. Any and all game requests are automatically filtered.
    I get all sorts of "So-and-so earned YYY playing ZZZZZ game" on mine. Wife has since WP7 and still for both of us now on WP8.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    I get all sorts of "So-and-so earned YYY playing ZZZZZ game" on mine. Wife has since WP7 and still for both of us now on WP8.
    ah yes it still appears in the news feed but that's not what I meant. You know when someone sends you a request for that game and you get a notification for it? That gets filtered.

why cant you save pictures on the mobile fb? anyone else having this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSean490 View Post
    m.facebook.com + People Hub
  22.    #22  
    from your internet explorer go to touch.facebook.com, then hit the three dots at the bottom right and go down to pin to start screen. It isn't a live tile and it show a pic of the website that you are currently view when you pin it, unfortunately this never changes.