- 01-11-2013, 03:34 PM #1
Wow I was shocked when I was trying to do NFC with a friends android phone to do a quick transfer only to find out Yu can't.
But anyway dat was not the thing that shocked me apparently when I want to send something.
I need to switch on Bluetooth???. Why is NFC only tap feature -.-
01-11-2013, 03:49 PM #2
- 392 Posts
NFC itself is not fast enough to send any data files. As a result, you use NFC to set up the initial negotiation as to which additional transfer mechanism is to be used. WP8 support BlueTooth and WiFi if two devices are connected to the same wifi network. Android phones typically uses wi-fi direct (direct wi-fi connection between two devices). None of these have any industry standards. So, even if you enabled BT, you may not get to send files to your friend's Android phone. It just doesn't work across platforms.
01-11-2013, 03:54 PM #3
- 39 Posts
- By millahguy in forum Phone WarsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-13-2012, 12:42 AM
- By littlesteelo16 in forum HTC TITANReplies: 6Last Post: 12-13-2011, 08:03 PM
- By Bruno H in forum Samsung Omnia 7Replies: 6Last Post: 10-16-2011, 02:08 PM
- By velvetelvis in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 09-06-2011, 01:14 PM
- By FearThyWrath in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 23Last Post: 05-02-2011, 04:00 PM