01-11-2013, 02:16 PM #1
- 2 Posts
I own a HTC 8X, Also a custom PC and Samsung laptop, ALL running windows 8/WP8. Looking at the surface as a future purchase:D
I was juts wandering is there, or will there be any cool apps or "Things" that I would be able to use that connects them all up or takes advantage of them all using the same OS ?
Such as file transfers, or remote desktops/extension screens.
Just an idea as I use homegroup for my Laptop/PC but is there anything that I can take advantage of the phone/surface along with windows 8 on my laptop and/or PC?
It would be good to have something that will use all windows 8 devices together?
01-11-2013, 02:24 PM #2
- 24 Posts
If you use your Microsoft account on your PC and phone -- on Windows 8 and Windows RT you get free roaming profiles. Your wallpaper, IE favorites and few other items will roam with you. Sadly the phone doesn't auto sync favorites yet. Hopefully that is coming.
Then if you use Xbox Music and SkyDrive all of your files and media should be easily accessible by all devices. I have a Desktop and Laptop with Windows 8, Surface RT and a Lumia 920 all using the same Microsoft Account. It is pretty sweet.
- By tiwizard in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-19-2011, 09:39 PM
- By wheelerk in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 03-10-2011, 12:58 PM
- By anthonok in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 11-24-2010, 01:47 PM
- By MJBarnes in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-08-2010, 04:54 PM
- By brianonkauai in forum Windows Phone AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 12-05-2009, 09:27 AM