Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I'm not sure if this is a WP8 thing, or a Lumia 920 thing (which is the phone I own), but I'm having a strange "issue" with my messaging. It happened after messing around with my contacts' information (just unlinking some contacts and deleting the ones that only contained an email address to manually enter that same email address into their other entry). Now instead of having one entry per contact in the Messaging app, that same contact has multiple entries (some have 2, some have 3).

When I tap on their name, it's the same information each time. I tried deleting the contact completely and re-adding it to see if they'd combine, but no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix or solution?

I've attached a screenshot just so there is a little more clarity on the issue.
    wp_ss_20130110_0002.jpg

Ok, I thought I was going crazy. I just had the same thing happen to me over the past few days.
    I recently migrated my email contacts to outlook.com, as I was no longer going to be using my previous email address.
    Each individual thread points back to the same contact.
    If I reply from the original thread, the new incoming reply starts a new thread from the same contact.
    As far as I know, this data cannot be combined outside the phone (which sucks).
    I'll be really upset, if I lost historical continuity..