Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48
Like Tree16Likes
  1. ohgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    After all that it's comments like this that ruins any credibility that you might gain. I don't understand why you are here. What is the porous of this post? Can you tell me that?

    You must have a reality bubble around your head nothing gets in.
    The purpose is to clearly define what the "selling like hotcakes" number actually is. Look at the last few posts. Even your own recent post has questioned what is factual and what is a mistake. (post #18)
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
  2. Dave Blake's Avatar
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

    Posts
    5,662 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    The purpose is to clearly define what the "selling like hotcakes" number actually is. Look at the last few posts. Even your own recent post has questioned what is factual and what is a mistake. (post #18)
    Don't try to change facts. I never questions any statistics I asked where the breakdown came from. Where does the miscommunication came from?

    My question was answer.

    http://press.nokia.com/2012/10/18/no...nterim-report/


    This is all part if the numbers posted and provided that you continue to discount.
  3. JMBasquiat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    188 Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    I would also like to know where the break down came from. I don't recall seeing the numbers broken down to that level in any of the articles I have read.
    I believe I read over at theverge, but can't seem to find the link right now. Either way, 4.4 million Lumias were sold, and I honestly believe the majority were WP8 devices, especially considering that the 800/900 never sold in those quantities.
  4. JMBasquiat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    188 Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    now you've got me figured out... there are reasons i am always looking for the sources.

    get fooled once and lose some dime, it sticks with ya.
    I don't think anyone really cares you "got fooled" once. You're arguing for the sake of arguing, even in the face of evidence that directly contradict the stuff you spew around here. Or am I not to believe Nokia's official press release about 4.4 million Lumias sold just because an anonymous and argumentative forum member says so?
    Thanked by:
  5. imem's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    87 Posts
    #30  
    I read some where that the new factory can make 600k phones a month so what can the old one do plus this 600k is about what the can sell a month I see if I can find this numbers some where

    Skickat från min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2
  6. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    Even the 4.4m you've referenced (2012 Q4) is still only a rumor. The transposing of facts and rumors in threads like this is very confusing.
    A CEO is not allowed to state false information. There are legal ramifications.

    In any event, we'll know when the earnings call is done in a couple weeks.
    eric12341 likes this.
  7. inteller's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,460 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,464 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by imem View Post
    I read some where that the new factory can make 600k phones a month so what can the old one do plus this 600k is about what the can sell a month I see if I can find this numbers some where

    Skickat från min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2
    if that's the case then they need to build some frickin more factories or take old ones out of mothballs. Didn't they close some in Finland? Put some Finns to work!
  8. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    The purpose is to clearly define what the "selling like hotcakes" number actually is. Look at the last few posts. Even your own recent post has questioned what is factual and what is a mistake. (post #18)
    You also have to realize that the numbers may not be immediately available and are still being tabulated.
  9. ohgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    Don't try to change facts. I never questions any statistics I asked where the breakdown came from. Where does the miscommunication came from?

    My question was answer.

    http://press.nokia.com/2012/10/18/no...nterim-report/


    This is all part if the numbers posted and provided that you continue to discount.
    I don't change facts, I dig for them (thanks for the link). Read your own post again.
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
  10. ohgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    You also have to realize that the numbers may not be immediately available and are still being tabulated.
    exactly
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
  11. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    exactly
    Sometimes sales can also be inferred from the size of the orders. If they are making bigger orders or more orders now than they had been at this time last year. One can get a sense of how the sales are. It's also noted that the sales of the 8X helped HTCs profits as well.
  12. JMBasquiat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    188 Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by imem View Post
    I read some where that the new factory can make 600k phones a month so what can the old one do plus this 600k is about what the can sell a month I see if I can find this numbers some where

    Skickat från min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2
    That doesn't sound very accurate, I'm afraid. If the factory can only make 600,000 phones a month, and they sold 4.4 Lumias in Q4 2012 (and assuming that, for the sake of the argument, 3 million of those were Lumia WP8s), that would mean that it would take Nokia 5 months to simply produce that many Lumias, let alone package, ship, distribute, deliver to customers.

    600,000k may have been the early Nokia-induced target, but I believe they quickly ramped up production based on "better than expected" (Nokia official press release) demand from the market.
  13. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,597 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,141 Global Posts
       #38  
    Yea. I agree with you man. Have you seen the official HTC facebook page. It's filled with 8X ads. they confirmed that the 8X is their best selling HTC product right now and want to make it sell more
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

    Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

    Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

    [IMG][/IMG]
  14. imem's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    87 Posts
    #39  
    Can't find that article
    It was about a factory in China.
    The only thing I find is some thing about a factory in Vietnam.


    Skickat från min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2
  15. Gaichuke's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    288 Posts
    #40  
    Just to cut this rumor before it spreads, the article imem speaks of comes from sohu.com.

    In that article, it is mentioned that the capacity of their largest factory, the Nokia Beijing factory is about 2M Lumias per month. They also mention that at some point, the devices made there were manufactured in the following ratio:

    Lumia 920: 20k / day or 600k / month
    Lumia 820: 25k / day
    Lumia 620: 20k / day

    This ratio has most likely long since been adjusted to suit the market demand more accurately, but at some point it was roughly this.

    I would like to point out that it's useless to try to use these numbers in any sort of estimations or calculations because they are not official, up to date nor even complete. We have no idea when the device production began and these numbers only speak of the Beijing factory when Nokia manufactures smartphones also in other locations such as Mexico and South Korea.
  16. Boris Gong's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #41  
    Here's my 2 cp:

    1. For "China", he might be talking about Great China which includes Hongkong + China Mainland + Taiwan.
    2. For "Windows phones", he might be talking about WP7 or HTC
    The first official Lumia 920 sales were in Shanghai on Dec. 24, and only 200 sets were available.
    So basically Nokia Q4 sales in China will have nothing to do with WP8.

    WP market share was getting better in China, but no way as hot as USA. 50% users using 610/710, they won't suddenly go for Lumia 920.

    IMO what Greg said, was just a advertisement for coming holiday weeks.
    Chinese Spring festival (equivalence for Chrismas+New Year) will be Feb.7-14, 2013. So the "Black Friday" will generally start next week when people get their annual bonus.
    That's why Apple sold so many iPhone at 2012 Q1, instead of 2011 Q4.
    Product Guy @UC Browser for WP
  17. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,886 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,728 Global Posts
    #42  
    I see there are still forum members sucking the life out of discussions with their thirst for attention. I've moved onto another platform and don't even trash windows phone
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

    Thanked by:
    palandri likes this.
  18. imem's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    87 Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaichuke View Post
    Just to cut this rumor before it spreads, the article imem speaks of comes from sohu.com.

    In that article, it is mentioned that the capacity of their largest factory, the Nokia Beijing factory is about 2M Lumias per month. They also mention that at some point, the devices made there were manufactured in the following ratio:

    Lumia 920: 20k / day or 600k / month
    Lumia 820: 25k / day
    Lumia 620: 20k / day

    This ratio has most likely long since been adjusted to suit the market demand more accurately, but at some point it was roughly this.

    I would like to point out that it's useless to try to use these numbers in any sort of estimations or calculations because they are not official, up to date nor even complete. We have no idea when the device production began and these numbers only speak of the Beijing factory when Nokia manufactures smartphones also in other locations such as Mexico and South Korea.
    Aye that's the one
    And agree that you can't make a estimate summary on that


    Skickat från min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2
  19. JMBasquiat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    188 Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by imem View Post
    Aye that's the one
    And agree that you can't make a estimate summary on that
    But you said 600k phones a month, not 600k Lumia 920 phones.
  20. imem's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    87 Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by JMBasquiat View Post
    But you said 600k phones a month, not 600k Lumia 920 phones.
    Yes and how is perfect?
    I remembered wrong.
    No big deal IMO

    Skickat från min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2
  21. crystal_planet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    963 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    I see there are still forum members sucking the life out of discussions with their thirst for attention. I've moved onto another platform and don't even trash windows phone
    You know there still is a Windows Phone waiting for you. I think you've played around with the dark side long enough.
    My next phone...
    cckgz4 likes this.
  22. imem's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    87 Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    You know there still is a Windows Phone waiting for you. I think you've played around with the dark side long enough.
    Agree

    The force is strong in this one.
    Don't be afraid then you end up in the dark side

    Skickat från min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2
  23. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,886 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,728 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    you know there still is a windows phone waiting for you. I think you've played around with the dark side long enough.
    lol
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. I am GLAD that Windows Phone has one volume setting
    By brmiller1976 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 12-24-2013, 11:30 PM
  2. Did you know that Windows Phone has a mascot?
    By the_tyrant in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 10:06 PM
  3. Windows Phone has terrible video playback, or what?
    By MathiasVerden in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-16-2012, 06:38 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 02:33 PM
  5. Windows Phone gets new marketing and advertising.
    By RiseAgainst94 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 11:27 AM

Posting Permissions

B