Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

When I purchase an app it will take money from my credit card linked to paypal. But I want to pay from my balance at my Paypal account. How can I do this?

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    I think wallet takes just the default payment method set in your Paypal account, maybe changing the method on the paypal web site or app will push the method change to wallet as well?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin2577 View Post
    I think wallet takes just the default payment method set in your Paypal account, maybe changing the method on the paypal web site or app will push the method change to wallet as well?
    Actually I tried it but it didn't work maybe the store doesn't support paying with PayPal balance :S

I have a debit card linked to my Paypal account and the payment was taken from PP balance, not from the card. Maybe it is different with credit cards, but it certainly is possible to pay with Paypal balance.

Can you check your settings? Did you set it or it automatically started to take payment through balance?

To be honest I don't remember ever setting it. Trying to check it now I even learned that my debit card wasn't verified, lol.

As far as my experience goes PayPal always used the PP balance before drawing from my card. The card is being used only if I have nothing left in PP balance or if the purchase amount is larger than PP balance. In the second case it uses up the PP balance and fills in the missing amount using the card.

I tried to find any preferences to that but can't find any. Truth to be told I have no idea if there are any regional differences between various countries that PayPal operates in.