01-07-2013, 04:34 AM #1
- 198 Posts
On my Lumia 920, I have unchecked the "Include location info in pictures I take" box. But when someone sends me a photo with Whatsapp for example and it uploads it to Skydrive, I can see my location on it. Is there anyway to stop it from saving a location? Not very secure is it!
01-07-2013, 09:44 AM #4
- 579 Posts
I think they are asking about pictures that someone else takes and sends to them still having location information. In that case, your camera setting is not going to help, your settings are for pictures you create. (But I have no idea why someone would expect it to behave like this, so maybe I'm wrong)
The location information is stored in the EXIF data, if someone else takes a picture and includes this information in the EXIF data, without stripping or rewriting that data there is nothing you can do. I am not aware (though I have not looked) for any apps for your phone to strip or rewrite EXIF data. There are lots of ways to do it on your computer though.
- By ponyphoto in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 2Last Post: 01-31-2012, 03:00 AM
- By Hank1234 in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 2Last Post: 12-20-2011, 01:42 AM
- By martin_strahilovski in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 18Last Post: 12-09-2011, 02:41 PM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 20Last Post: 08-17-2011, 01:23 AM
- By CaptCaveman in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 12-03-2010, 10:21 PM