01-06-2013, 09:48 AM #1
- 50 Posts
I'm just wondering if it's common that tiles like weather or battery tiles although should, they do not update and it's the same with lock screen.
When I'm using apps like Locksider+, Battery Tile, Weatherflow information on tiles should automatically update, but it almost never happens unless I will actually update them manually. I did switch off some background apps that I'm not using, but it looks more like with Facebook notifications that as most of you probably know are completely broken. Does anybody have the same problem?
I'm using Lumia 920.
01-06-2013, 11:12 AM #2
- 37 Posts
How many background tasks do you have enabled in the settings? I know that some apps won't update correctly if you have too many, for instance more than six. Try reducing the amount of background tasks to just the needed ones, and reboot your phone. Also, bear in mind that tiles can only update at a minimum every 30 minutes, restricted by the OS. If the tiles still don't work, try a soft-reset (hold down vol down + power until phone reboots).
It can also be a common mistake, did you pin the weather tile from the app menu, or did you go into the weather app and pin the city? Weather apps usually require the city to be pinned from within the app for it to be able to display info on the live tile.
- By Mainza15 in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 4Last Post: 11-20-2012, 07:17 PM
- By allan2103 in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 4Last Post: 04-10-2012, 12:51 PM
- By Bitter Fruit in forum Samsung Focus Flash 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 03-12-2012, 11:17 PM
- By Silverdogz in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 02-12-2012, 06:33 AM
- By Steve_Jobs in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 5Last Post: 06-07-2011, 07:05 PM