- 01-05-2013, 09:59 PM #1
So, I picked up a 8X and pretty cool phone...sorry Trophy sorry to see you go but, you did sync much better so far... :(
I connect my 8X to my Win7 X64 desktop and beep and I get a "Windows Phone 8" device showing up under "Other devices" but, no driver (a nice "!" is in view) in the Device Manager.
I found MS's site on it and followed it to a "T" and still it never loads a driver or shows up in Explorer as it should.
Windows Phone 8 is not detected by your computer
I've gone through and deleted the driver, rebooted both, try to refind, etc and no change, I can not see my Windows Phone 8 device in Windows Explorer. I really kind of wish they stuck with Zune here, as it just worked and worked well.
Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this and get my 8X syncing ?
I like my phone but, there is a lot I miss so far about my 7.8 device :(
- 01-05-2013, 11:33 PM #3
Yea, I installed it and no change :( I also removed it and reinstalled it without luck)..
I tried it on my netbook (Win7 X32) and it installed and worked fine. I need it running on my Primary desktop, like my Trophy was....
Any other ideas ?
- 01-05-2013, 11:52 PM #5
- 01-05-2013, 11:57 PM #6
The only thing I've found even remote was someone having trouble doing htc sync on a x64 and fine on x32. The solution he found was to run in win7 compatible on the x64 computer. But I have no idea if this would do you any good at all.
01-09-2013, 08:19 PM #10
- 40 Posts
Damn this sucks. i got win 7 x64 didn't have a problem with my htc 8s
Have u tried to use the update driver from device manager?
i dunno what driver it uses. but this is the one from my manager if it helps:
Also the driver id:
I dunno what to suggest other then what has already been suggested. But i thought u could get the driver from the support or something or find it somewhere.
Hope it helps
03-09-2013, 07:03 PM #11
- 24 Posts
Did you resolve that?
I just found out to have the same issue in device management (! symbol) despite I can browse the phone.
Same OS, nowhere it tells how to download or reinstall the correct driver.
Looking at C:windows\inf is just useless. No driver found neither if I let PC search in the whole disk.
08-05-2013, 09:28 AM #14
- 3 Posts
This is what worked for me - directly from Microsoft's web site (and it took 2 days to find it):
stalling WinUSB by specifying the system-provided device class When you connect your device, you might notice that Windows loads Winusb.sys automatically (if the IHV has defined the device as a WinUSB Device). Otherwise follow these instructions to load the driver:
- Plug in your device to the host system.
- Open Device Manager and locate the device.
- Right-click the device and select Update driver software... from the context menu.
- In the wizard, select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- From the list of device classes, select Universal Serial Bus devices.
- The wizard displays WinUsb Device. Select it to load the driver.
- By cocochannel in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 20Last Post: 08-30-2013, 07:16 PM
- By cooperma in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 11-27-2012, 09:09 AM
- By worldwaffle in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 10-11-2012, 09:32 PM
- By skuja in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 12-21-2011, 05:42 PM
- By JBozz in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 17Last Post: 09-15-2011, 01:51 AM