- 01-05-2013, 08:36 PM #1
The latest hurdle in my ongoing effort to get off Gmail has just come up. I am trying to switch everything over to my Outlook.com mail account. I have it set up on my Lumia 920 and email is getting pushed down as it arrives. However, when I read, move, or delete an email, these changes are not synced back to the server.
Anyone have any suggestions? Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?
- 01-05-2013, 10:09 PM #3
I have found that even when doing a manual sync, I cannot get the server to update items that I have read or deleted. If I move an item into a folder, it dies sync on the server. So, I have created a new folder called Archive. When I want to delete something, I just move it to that folder. The plus of this is that I will have a searchable database of all of my deleted mail (I just found out that you can't search the Deleted folder on Outlook.com). So, this works OK, but it still doesn't mark anything as read on the server. MS definitely has some work to do to get the WP mail app talking to outlook.com
I'll play with the mail app on my W8 laptop later this week.
- 01-05-2013, 10:15 PM #4
Try setting it up as an Exchange ActiveSync (Outlook) account on your phone. If you're using outlook.com instead of hotmail.com, you'll just need to change the server name. Hotmail Exchange ActiveSync now available | Windows Phone Central
- 01-06-2013, 07:51 AM #6
Thanks for your help!
- 10-01-2013, 07:14 AM #8Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
I'm on Instagram - nlarue1971 - Travel and food photos is my thing taken by my L920
- By Squatting Hen in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 32Last Post: 03-28-2014, 05:45 AM
- By razor1973 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 01-04-2014, 11:40 AM
- By cocochannel in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 20Last Post: 08-30-2013, 06:16 PM
- By campbellc in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 01-28-2013, 03:43 PM
- By mtmt88 in forum OneDriveReplies: 2Last Post: 12-02-2011, 07:53 PM