01-04-2013, 08:16 AM #1
- 37 Posts
I've had a MS acct since I bought a Samsung Focus back in the day. Back then, I used a Gmail address. I now have an Outlook.com address and would like to update or merge the two accounts so all of my apps and music purchases + skydrive photos, etc are still available under the Outlook username. Is this doable?
01-04-2013, 08:58 AM #2
- 5 Posts
My understanding is that it is possible to rename your Microsoft Account to have an Outlook.com email address, but with several caveats. (1) The renaming process has presently been pulled by MS due to problems, and it is unclear when it will be back. (2) If you rename your Microsoft Account, you will have to hard reset your Windows Phone and reinstall everything.
I have not tried it myself (I'm in the same boat as you). However, this is my understanding after having researched the issue. So, you can be the guinea pig, and let me know how it turns out.
- By jrdatrackstar#WP in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 43Last Post: 03-02-2012, 04:48 PM
- By Dave Blake in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 10Last Post: 10-02-2011, 08:27 PM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 09-27-2011, 02:22 PM
- By wheelerk in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 19Last Post: 03-27-2011, 12:02 AM
- By TricBox in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 02-23-2011, 08:25 PM