I am brand new to Windows Phone. (been wanting to switch over for about 11 months) I come from android and will never think of going back! One thing I do miss is the free WiFi tethering. Is there any way I can override the internet sharing option, so I don't need to buy a tethering plan from AT&T.

I in no way abuse tethering, I use maybe 400 MB a month while I tether

Any help/information on this would be helpful, thank you.

At this point no there is no way to really override the authentication done for tethering. I'm not really sure why AT&T cares since they no longer have an unlimited data plan.

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    Good luck with that. Wish there was a way. Unfortunately this is one of those places iOS and Android pants WP.

(And before the bleating begins, it's your effing data, your carrier shouldn't get to tell you which device uses it)

I am still on unlimited data. (thinking of taking the plunge and getting a 4GB plan with tethering)
    Maybe some kind of apn change?

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I switched to the new data plan ATT offers they have unlimited calls and text and you pick how much data you think you'll need a month im savings money with it I have 4gb of data a month which is 1gb less then I had but I never really use more then 3gb a month even when im using internet sharing alot so id give it a try you can always change your plan back

Quote Originally Posted by LaNiQuE View Post
    I switched to the new data plan ATT offers they have unlimited calls and text and you pick how much data you think you'll need a month im savings money with it I have 4gb of data a month which is 1gb less then I had but I never really use more then 3gb a month even when im using internet sharing alot so id give it a try you can always change your plan back
    I don't think I can change back to unlimited though?