- 01-03-2013, 02:17 PM #1
TheVerge reports iOS and Android users of Facebook Messenger are getting the ability to voice call each other for free over wifi:
Facebook tests free voice calling in Messenger app | The Verge
Whilst the rest of the world enjoys this, we are still yet unable to send a simple picture over the facebook messaging system, or even have it work half reliably.
When is Windows Phone going to catch up in terms of technology and support. This total lack of support from Google and Facebook, two huge services integral to so many, is a real downer for an otherwise great OS.
01-03-2013, 02:23 PM #2
- 184 Posts
It is going to take FB writing their own app for WP8. The built in integrated functionality actually works well for me since i rarely use FB but for a lot of people it isn't enough. MS can't write their own client since they can't keep up and the web interfaces will not be able to integrate things like notifications and VoIP.
It's not really a WP native problem its lack of users to motivate developers, kind of a chicken and egg problem at this point. MS needs to line some pockets at FB to get an app developed,may e they already are...
01-03-2013, 02:36 PM #4
- 21 Posts
01-03-2013, 02:47 PM #6
- 61 Posts
Mental. MS own shares in Facebook too don't they!? Surely, one would think that should help above and beyond the others. Counts for sh#t obviously!
It would suck @ss as I use the services but what would Google and Facebook do if MS decided to block them!? Say at the OS level and/or IE level. They'd take a right hit. Obviously wouldn't happen as it would be MS being the c0cks in that scenario, similar they'd just lose in a lawsuit but the point is just that... why are Google and Facebook being c0cks??
Oops. /Rant over
- 01-04-2013, 05:55 AM #7
01-04-2013, 07:55 AM #8
- 184 Posts
- 01-04-2013, 08:12 AM #9
- 01-04-2013, 08:36 AM #10Windows Phone Central Moderator "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'." - I may not be Paladinleeds by name, but I still use the hammer.
- By Tetegra in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 17Last Post: 06-03-2013, 06:24 PM
- By Klaric in forum HTC 8XReplies: 1Last Post: 12-11-2012, 03:26 PM
- By ninjaap in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 15Last Post: 07-05-2012, 04:46 PM
- By pickled_lemur in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 6Last Post: 06-08-2012, 08:23 AM
- By JestaMcMerv in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 12-21-2011, 04:46 PM