01-05-2013, 01:40 AM #29
- 62 Posts
01-05-2013, 06:21 AM #30
- 35 Posts
Some things I want to see:
* can't find the option on my Nokia 820, but I would love to have picture password like on windows 8.
* a music player that isn't as tied into the "cloud". I don't want to stream music, I don't want to fork out $3 per track where its much cheaper from BPM or itunes. I would love something like poweramp on android, a no fuss media player.
* manual search for update in the store.
- 01-05-2013, 09:56 AM #31
- 01-05-2013, 10:01 AM #32
01-05-2013, 10:16 AM #33
- 1 Posts
That kindda annoy me too... coming from android, a user is free to do what ever you want wit the phone settings, but surprisingly, nokia choose not to add too many functions on this phone ... wp is much of a blend of ios and android ... few more possibilities than on ios but again some less futures than on android ... wp still got a long way to go ... i luv my nokia L920, but creecing sounds from the back lid next to the camera, overheating when using some apps and firmware on it's beggining stage, not really my cup of tea.. proably going back to android ASAP
- 01-05-2013, 11:17 AM #34
Isn't Portico a Microsoft released update ? As said by MS, that they will not wait for carriers to release updates...
I hate Verizon (yep, still got them) because of how they blacklisted older members but, when it comes to Windows Phone udpates...they have have a good record.
01-05-2013, 02:31 PM #37
- 8 Posts
- 01-05-2013, 03:48 PM #38
I have a stack ranked short list of things that I want in the next update, if I get these I'll go from an angry customer who would return their phone today if I could to a very happy supporter.
1) Fix the intermittent severe battery drain/hot phone issue.
2) Enable persistent WiFi on Standby
3) WiFi Playlist/Media/Photo Sync which bypasses the cloud
4) Full Podcast support that syncs to a Podcast app on the PC ... Zune used to be the best, then MS killed it and Apple really nailed it on iOS6.
5) Notification Center
6) Separate Media/Alert/Ringer/Alarm volume controls
Last edited by Bacchus1976; 01-05-2013 at 04:17 PM.
- 01-05-2013, 04:14 PM #39
Of course you can just open each app to get this, but that's more clicks and it's also not an available option in every app. The best example of the need for a notification center is the ESPN and CNN apps. Each can give you a toast with scores, updates and breaking news alerts. These toasts are useless w/out a notification center if you don't get your phone up and open in time to read them. Complicating matters further is that the WP toast bar doesn't scroll or allow any way to read the full message meaning much of the info is completely and permanently inaccessible. Theoretically each app could maintain their own record of toast alerts that were sent, but they currently don't and it's unreasonable to expect every developer to build this functionality.
It's valuable to see all toasts/alerts from all apps in a time sorted thread as well, Live tiles can't do this. The Me tile's notification center does this for inbound social updates and the people hub does it for individual contacts for calls/messages/emails under history, but there's nothing unified and there's nothing for app updates that aren't tiled to an account record.
Also it's worth noting that Live Tiles have an inherent issue with displaying text of more than 6-8 words is a easy to read format. An issue exacerbated by the addition of extra small tiles.
- By MoonshineDylan in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 07-08-2012, 01:50 PM
- By anond in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 89Last Post: 02-18-2012, 04:37 AM
- By ali.fazal in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 1Last Post: 05-28-2011, 11:59 AM
- By jeff4L in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 20Last Post: 05-11-2011, 02:10 PM