Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi guys. Did anyone notice that after using the music player, tune in radio or others or going to the xbox music store, even after exiting the name of the last music you listened stays near the volume controls on the screen?
    How can we close it?
    I did notice clearly that my battery drains as **** and I have to reboot my phone to clear it and my battery goes to normal. The problem is that when i use the back button to check open apps I dont have anything.
    How to forc close this things? Thanks

Oh, I have an 8X
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Download an app from the store called Stop the Music it will remove the music for you.

Welcome to Windows Phone and Windows Phone Central we are glad you decided to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    Download an app from the store called Stop the Music it will remove the music for you.

Welcome to Windows Phone and Windows Phone Central we are glad you decided to join us.
    Thanks. That seems to at least remove the music from the bar. Although im baffled how does this situation isnt already included by default...

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    I feel your pain. I honestly think Microsoft sees this as a feature of the OS. I have Stop the Music installed on my L920 but I seldom user it. I use playlists at work I prefer that I don't have to dig back into the music hub to restart a the playlist I was listening to. To address your battery drain. I don't think this music situation has anything to do with you battery issue. It is most likely a background task running or some other app not shutting down completely. If you have Skype installed it has had some sync issues causing battery drain as well. Try backing out of apps using the back arrow key to completely close apps. If you continue to see battery drain power your device off and back on again. Also limit the number of background tasks you have running you can do this in settings under applications. Watch for sync issues with Skype if you see this happening you have to uninstall Skype and power cycle to fix it.
    I have also used WP tools app that does the same, find it in the store.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    I feel your pain. I honestly think Microsoft sees this as a feature of the OS. I have Stop the Music installed on my L920 but I seldom user it. I use playlists at work I prefer that I don't have to dig back into the music hub to restart a the playlist I was listening to. To address your battery drain. I don't think this music situation has anything to do with you battery issue. It is most likely a background task running or some other app not shutting down completely. If you have Skype installed it has had some sync issues causing battery drain as well. Try backing out of apps using the back arrow key to completely close apps. If you continue to see battery drain power your device off and back on again. Also limit the number of background tasks you have running you can do this in settings under applications. Watch for sync issues with Skype if you see this happening you have to uninstall Skype and power cycle to fix it.
    What do you mean with power cycle?

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Just power off and back on again. Hold the power button slide down the screen then power back on.