Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ohgood
  1. snaqvi91's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    386 Posts
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
       #1  
    I know that the text and windows live messenger experience is said to be excellent on windows phone. How have you guys found it? Any problems? How about messaging folk on other platforms not using SMS or WLM? How's the whole experience?

    Many teenagers just want basic talk and text devices that are affordable, which is one reason BlackBerrys are still popular with them. Do you find wp8 to be good enough to be such a device?
  2. Byzantium's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    #2  
    I would say that if you are buying into this OS, you shouldn't be looking to message anybody in any way other than:

    1) Facebook chat
    2) WLM,
    3) Skype
    4) Kik
    5) Email and SMS.

    Everything else, especially Whatsapp, is either a terrible experience or very poorly supported on WP. The development is just not there for this platform...yet.
  3. snaqvi91's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    386 Posts
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
       #3  
    Well actually even kik sucks because it doesn't update live tiles.
  4. ohgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    840 Posts
    Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by snaqvi91 View Post
    I know that the text and windows live messenger experience is said to be excellent on windows phone. How have you guys found it? Any problems? How about messaging folk on other platforms not using SMS or WLM? How's the whole experience?

    Many teenagers just want basic talk and text devices that are affordable, which is one reason BlackBerrys are still popular with them. Do you find wp8 to be good enough to be such a device?
    Keep the bb for now, wait for os10, try it. If it doesn't ignite your kids excitement for touch screens, buy some extra bb devices they like and save em in a drawer.

    Txting on anything other than a pghysical keyboard just plain sucks.
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
    aubreyq likes this.
  5. MikeInBA's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    74 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by snaqvi91 View Post
    Well actually even kik sucks because it doesn't update live tiles.
    It updates, its just extremely delayed, and doesnt show msg count, only the little red asterisk. I would say IM+ is a good app, i havent had any issues with it.
  6. Ultimateone's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    781 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium View Post
    I would say that if you are buying into this OS, you shouldn't be looking to message anybody in any way other than:

    1) Facebook chat
    2) WLM,
    3) Skype
    4) Kik
    5) Email and SMS.

    Everything else, especially Whatsapp, is either a terrible experience or very poorly supported on WP. The development is just not there for this platform...yet.
    What windows phone do you own?
  7. snaqvi91's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    386 Posts
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    Keep the bb for now, wait for os10, try it. If it doesn't ignite your kids excitement for touch screens, buy some extra bb devices they like and save em in a drawer.

    Txting on anything other than a pghysical keyboard just plain sucks.
    Err I don't have kids. I consider myself to be in the teen generation still.

Similar Threads

  1. How's the weather been for everyone?
    By BIGPADDY in forum The "Off Topic" Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-19-2012, 10:12 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 03:53 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 02:52 PM
  4. Is there any way to get Word documents on the phone?
    By Dark Mirage in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 11:53 AM
  5. Cross platform messagner!
    By 1jaxstate1 in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 08:43 PM

Posting Permissions