Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ohgood

Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    I know that the text and windows live messenger experience is said to be excellent on windows phone. How have you guys found it? Any problems? How about messaging folk on other platforms not using SMS or WLM? How's the whole experience?

Many teenagers just want basic talk and text devices that are affordable, which is one reason BlackBerrys are still popular with them. Do you find wp8 to be good enough to be such a device?

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I would say that if you are buying into this OS, you shouldn't be looking to message anybody in any way other than:

1) Facebook chat
    2) WLM,
    3) Skype
    4) Kik
    5) Email and SMS.

Everything else, especially Whatsapp, is either a terrible experience or very poorly supported on WP. The development is just not there for this platform...yet.

Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    Well actually even kik sucks because it doesn't update live tiles.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snaqvi91 View Post
    I know that the text and windows live messenger experience is said to be excellent on windows phone. How have you guys found it? Any problems? How about messaging folk on other platforms not using SMS or WLM? How's the whole experience?

Many teenagers just want basic talk and text devices that are affordable, which is one reason BlackBerrys are still popular with them. Do you find wp8 to be good enough to be such a device?
    Keep the bb for now, wait for os10, try it. If it doesn't ignite your kids excitement for touch screens, buy some extra bb devices they like and save em in a drawer.

Txting on anything other than a pghysical keyboard just plain sucks.
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
    aubreyq likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by snaqvi91 View Post
    Well actually even kik sucks because it doesn't update live tiles.
    It updates, its just extremely delayed, and doesnt show msg count, only the little red asterisk. I would say IM+ is a good app, i havent had any issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium View Post
    I would say that if you are buying into this OS, you shouldn't be looking to message anybody in any way other than:

1) Facebook chat
    2) WLM,
    3) Skype
    4) Kik
    5) Email and SMS.

Everything else, especially Whatsapp, is either a terrible experience or very poorly supported on WP. The development is just not there for this platform...yet.
    What windows phone do you own?

Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    Keep the bb for now, wait for os10, try it. If it doesn't ignite your kids excitement for touch screens, buy some extra bb devices they like and save em in a drawer.

Txting on anything other than a pghysical keyboard just plain sucks.
    Err I don't have kids. I consider myself to be in the teen generation still.