| | 12-29-2012, 03:17 PM #1
My device is Nokia Lumia 810 with T-Mobile.
- Without placing an App as a tile on Start page, is it possible to know if it has the 'live' feature?
- any app that would display stock Indices / own portolio quotes on the lock screen?
- is there a way to remove the preview lines in email apps - Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail in WP8?
Questions Related to Contact / People / Groups
I asked these questions on the empty streets of the official WP8 forums.
- Is it possible to categorize (not groups) Contacts as Business, Family, Friends etc or even create custom categories. Same way as Outlook allows - the old Windows Mobile (early 2000) , if I recollect did allow that.
- When I create groups - let's say Pool and then when I put the tile on the start screen in small size the group name is not displayed! I even tried renaming the group to 'Pl' and still in the small size it won't tell me the group name! Has anyone tried this?
- Is it possible to set a contact to go directly to the voicemail?
- I imported my contacts from my google account - Android allows to import contacts with only phone numbers, however WP8 imported all and doesn;t let me select or filter out contacts that don't have phone numbers. So I end up with lot of contacts to browse through?
- On the screen of 'people' - there are two problems:
1. the word people is just too big! It unnecssarily occupies the real estate on the screen!
2. even with the smallest 'text' setting, I can see only 5 contacts and two alphabets a & b for the categories - that is only 7 rows!
Is there a way to reduce the font / text or increase data displayed with above two points?
- After making a call, in the history each call is listed separately. So if I had called a # twice and same person called me thrice, I see 5 entries. I would rather have that grouped. Again I can see only 7 entries in the smallest dispaly option that I have set.
Is it possible to group calls in the history?
Thanks in advance.