Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Neibl's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    173 Posts
       #1  
    Is there an equivalent replacement for the zune software, as in a way to access the xbox music store not on my 920 or Surface (on my windows 7 PC's) in order to restart my music collection?

    Background Basics: Basically all my music is from my zune pass and about half of it it on the phone, but gives an error saying it can't be played right now try again later. It's very frustrating and it seems I am limited to listening to the random songs that happen to sync correctly.

    It will be fixed I am confident of that, but in the meantime... Could I just start my music collection form scratch so that it is all compatible with the "new" xbox music. Only problem is there isn't really an xbox music software that is intuitive for downloading music. Or is there, what's everyones' thoughts?
    TO APOLLO AND BEYOND...
  2. #2  
    Make a list of albums.
    Delete everything from your laptop/PC.
    Delete everything from your phone.
    Sync them.
    Now buy/re-download all those albums from your list using your phone on WiFi.
    After a few hours when it is all downloaded, sync phone back if you wish.

    Happy days.

    In short Zune DRM doesn't work always. So I got rid of all Zune downloads. Did fresh downloads on phone and voila!
    Thanked by:
    Neibl 
  3. Naveen Prabhu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    25 Posts
    #3  
    the upcoming lumia 620 , will not need zune software to add music file ..... it might be much easier ..
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Naveen Prabhu View Post
    the upcoming lumia 620 , will not need zune software to add music file ..... it might be much easier ..
    Lumia 920, 820, HTC 8X, 8S, Ativ S - none of them need Zune. No WP8 needs Zune.
  5. Neibl's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    173 Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Make a list of albums.
    Delete everything from your laptop/PC.
    Delete everything from your phone.
    Sync them.
    Now buy/re-download all those albums from your list using your phone on WiFi.
    After a few hours when it is all downloaded, sync phone back if you wish.

    Happy days.

    In short Zune DRM doesn't work always. So I got rid of all Zune downloads. Did fresh downloads on phone and voila!
    Yea that seems to be the only way, the point of this post was to have a last ditch check if there was some other way to download music locally without having to do that all on my phone. Oh well, it'll be a fun afternoon. Maybe I can do it on my surface and then sync them.
    TO APOLLO AND BEYOND...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Neibl View Post
    Yea that seems to be the only way, the point of this post was to have a last ditch check if there was some other way to download music locally without having to do that all on my phone. Oh well, it'll be a fun afternoon. Maybe I can do it on my surface and then sync them.
    feel adventurous much?

    Let us know how that worked for you ;)
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 08-29-2013, 12:33 AM
  2. Here are *MY* issues with WP8
    By iamtim in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 04:40 PM
  3. So, once we all get NoDo..
    By cdub66 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 05:33 PM

Posting Permissions

B