Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I am having a crazy issue with my htx 8x windows phone.
    A lot of the music I have on the phone will not show up when I try to play or view it from the artists name. Sometimes just the album art will show and sometimes nothing at all will show and sometimes one album will show up but not the rest.

I know the music is on there because I can see it there when I hook it up usb to the computer and see it in windows explorer 8, or when I use the windows 8 app for the phone, or even when I play "all music" randomly on the phone. It is strange the albums will play from there but not from the individual artists menu.

Sometimes I can delete everything and add it again and it will temporally fix the issue and sometimes doing so will not fix it.
    This problem has me really confused and so far I have not been able to fix it and was wondering if this was a common problem and if anyone else was experiencing it.

It does not seem to be a drm issue. I have a xbox music pass (technically a zune pass) and have noticed that sometimes it is some of those songs that do not show up- but it also does this with songs that I have bought and own from zune ad even ones I have ripped from cds.

I would really appreciate any fixes or tips anyone can share because this and a few podcast issues are really hurting my windows phone 8 experience. What makes the whole thing worse is the whole reason I joined the windows 7 and now 8 was because of my zune music and my podcasts.
    Thanks in advance...
    Dwayne Ferguson

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure this isn't the first post about problems with XBOX Music and Zune pass music, give it a forum search. I'm sure you'll turn up quit e a few threads, and hopefully some solutions.

I am having a similar issue with album names and playlists disappearing every few days. In wmp the albums show correctly for the phone, and a resync fixes it temporarily. FYI I don't have an Xbox music pass, and music is stored on an SD card.
    Yet another infuriating problem with music on wp8!

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDK View Post
    I'm pretty sure this isn't the first post about problems with XBOX Music and Zune pass music, give it a forum search. I'm sure you'll turn up quit e a few threads, and hopefully some solutions.
    I of course did try looking for my problem in the forums before starting this thread assuming that it might be a common issue but could find nothing like my issue posted. It may be there but I cannot find it. If you can please share the link. Another problem with windows phone 8 is the name... when I search for problems search engines always confuse windows phone 8 searches with windows 8 operating system issues and I have a hard time finding what I want.

Same issues and no one on the forums seems to have a fix, it's driving me nuts. I love everything on the 920 except it seems half of my music gives me an error saying it can't be played right now try again later. 90 percent of my music is from my zune pass over the past few years and I own a couple hundred but have thousands of DRM protected songs and I am having a hard time telling which ones are working or not because they are all mixed in. It seems to be pretty inconsistent problem.
    TO APOLLO AND BEYOND...

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neibl View Post
    Same issues and no one on the forums seems to have a fix, it's driving me nuts. I love everything on the 920 except it seems half of my music gives me an error saying it can't be played right now try again later. 90 percent of my music is from my zune pass over the past few years and I own a couple hundred but have thousands of DRM protected songs and I am having a hard time telling which ones are working or not because they are all mixed in. It seems to be pretty inconsistent problem.
    The Drm issue is a bit different from my problem I think but it is also a problem I have as well.
    Usually this can be fixed by just redownloading the song straight to the windows 8 phone. Of course my problem with that comes when I have bought the song from the service or have used one of my song credits for it. When I go to try to redownload it with music pass, it says I already own the song, but it wont let me download it again even on music pass without buying the song again. That is a very odd and dumb problem.

My problem is differnt in that my songs are on the device but do not show up under the artists name or appear to be dead links and can only be played using the "play all" music button. It is weird.

Same problem here...my Zune playlists would not show up on WP8. Once I recreated them with WMP, I was then able to re-sync them using WMP, but they disappear every afternoon! I have tried every possible setting on XBOX music on my phone including turning everything off, but still my playlists are gone as well as many of my albums, though the songs are on the phone. Also, the albums that do show do not include all the songs, again, even though they are on the phone. Does anyone form Microsoft monitor these issues??? This is driving me crazy!!!