- 12-17-2012, 08:56 AM #176
- 12-17-2012, 09:10 AM #177Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...
12-17-2012, 11:19 AM #181
- 334 Posts
12-18-2012, 01:26 AM #182
- 7 Posts
1) i know, i said that. but to me it just looks like they did a design which would look decent on Windows 8, and then just said, oh hey okay let's plonk it into a screen 10 times smaller.
Regardless. As someone who uses the calendar everyday for everything... having no search really is a big big crap. i am now carrying around my iphone 4 just in case. that is really sad.
12-18-2012, 01:36 AM #183
- 96 Posts
12-18-2012, 02:17 AM #184
- 288 Posts
Absence of a week view could be attributed to Windows Phone UI preferring single-handed use and portrait mode. That makes sense in a way, week view would definitely require a landscape orientation to be effective.
I believe the situation will be remedied in future updates as it seems more and more each day that WP8 was only meant to just bring stock apps of WP7.5 to the new kernel without considering any major revisions to them at this point.
12-18-2012, 06:41 PM #186
- 1 Posts
New to WP8, but a couple of quick thoughts.
1.) I too would like the OPTION of keeping the status bar, showing batt %, network, etc. showing at all times.
2.) It would be nice if you could just tap on the status bar icons to change settings, like tap the wifi icon and go into your wifi settings, or bluetooth, etc.
3.) When you change the ringer volume (or unified volume I guess, ugh, change that too please), you can tap on the icon to change from "Ring + Vibrate" to "Vibrate" Why no "Silent" type option where you can turn vibrate off?
4.) Force closing apps would seem simple enough if they would allow you to hold the back button to go into the multitask screen and have an X icon on each window.
Maybe some of these things already exist.
- 12-27-2012, 08:16 PM #187
Ok so I want straight forward suggestions for the actual operating system, not apps. NO COMPLAINTS. Just write your suggestion.
Better Playlist Integration
More Enhanced Facebook Integration
Xbox Live Voice Message/Chat
Select All in Email
- 12-27-2012, 11:41 PM #195
Search in Messaging app. Its not possible to search for a thread when texting, very frustrating when you want to find a conversation
A way to close the keyboard when typing an email in the browser or using a web form--you now have to hit a spot on the page for the keyboard to close so you can hit the submit button
- 12-27-2012, 11:56 PM #198
Multiple Volume levels (separate keyboard and media/ring volumes PLEASE!! Just because I need to here my phone ring doesn't mean I want my keyboard screaming at me as I type)
Windows 8 like gestures
More background colors (again, like Windows 8)
More options for Facebook integration (see who liked things, like things, allow some but not all Facebook contacts who don't have phone #'s to be displayed to name a few)
Auto text scrolling
And for those above me:
Allow alternate keyboards (technically, Swype is a specific app, allowing alternate Keyboards is a suggestion)
- 12-28-2012, 12:04 AM #199
Search calendar items
Allow more than two weeks of past calendar entries for hotmail calendar
In people hub what's new,be able to like photos, and also have the option to see a list of all likes for a post or picture.
Show more entries on people/group live tiles and update more often.--------------
Lumia 1520, 1020, 920, 820, 810, 625, 620, and 520
iPhone 4s, Galaxy S3
12-28-2012, 12:53 AM #200
- 38 Posts
Going to stick with stuff that I don't believe has been said so far...
- Landscape/sideways viewing supported throughout the OS (including start screen)
- Vertical rectangle full sized tiles
- Close apps by swiping up or down in the multitasking window (it's a pain having to press the back button all the way through an app just to close it)
- Make the search button context sensitive again. I don't need 100% all the time access to Bing, I really don't.
- Cycle through unread messages/emails on the full sized message/email tile/lock screen instead of just the latest
- Display as much of the message as possible instead of just one line on the full sized message/email tile/lock screen.
- Search by phone number or email in contacts instead of just by name (sometimes I need to figure out who owns what number)
- The option to have a control bar (back/forward/refresh/tabs) in Internet explorer
- Open to favourites in Internet explorer if no page is open already.
- Pictures for plain text smilies (like in WP7 a colon and a close bracket plain text smilie would be replaced by a round yellow smilie face) so the smilies other people send me still look pretty n stuff.
- Enter button in the smilie list so I can start a new line right after putting in a smilie and not have to tap the smilie button again (the enter button is easier to reach and turned off smilies in WP7).
- Send/read offline Facebook messages natively instead of just in the app.
- Expand functionality of the news feed in the people hub (Like comments, etc).
- Tag people in check ins from the Me tile.
- Upload photos from the Me tile.
- Toast notifications from Facebook without the app (can you tell that I don't like using the Facebook app?)
- Skype integration without need for the app.
- Skype chat integration into the messages hub.
- More chat services in general really. We need more than just Facebook and MSN.
- Skype access without needing a Skype username. I should be able to just use my live email address to sign in (this is more of a problem that I have with Skype than WP8 though)
- The ability to add artist/album pics in the Music player natively (yes there's an app that does this, but it should be built in)
- A more feature rich media player in general would be swell, actually
- Zoom in/out while recording video
I could go on, since I'm constantly finding things that could use improvement, but that's all I Can think of off the top of my head.
I'm seriously one of those people that feels like if I need to go into an app to do something it's a bloody nuisance. This is why I went to Windows Phone in the first place, the hubs are just so much cleaner, smoother and faster. Microsoft really needs to expand the functionality of existing hubs and create new ones (like a notification hub that everyone seems to want).
- By MrBacon42 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 03-04-2012, 04:54 PM
- By shubhashish in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 47Last Post: 01-23-2012, 09:51 PM
- By avaryj in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 40Last Post: 11-13-2011, 12:16 AM
- By Pronk in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 10-16-2011, 12:26 AM