Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree515Likes

IE's basicness can get a bit annoying. In 2 plus years since WP first launched, we still can't save logins and passwords, have even basic buttons, or nice intuitive interface.

And if a site saves the password for you, don't delete your history because it deletes everything. No other options.

Does MS even bother looking at 3rd party stuff on other phones? If they refuse to let 3rd party devs give us a truly new browser then for petes sake give us a browser to be proud of, with nice features or ****, even some basic features. Word wrap would be nice as well.

IE is lame. While it can serve as a very bare bones, basic browser, why shouldn't we expect better? And if you refuse to do it, let someone else then.
    @SaucePolicy Go to Settings ->Sounds -> Disable Ring & Disable Vibrate , it should be true silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaris View Post
    I'll assume you're using a Lumia 920, so I'm not sure about that handset, but my HTC 8X has a sensor that re-enebles the screen when you pull the phone away from your face...
    That's right, it's a L920. Another recent discovery, when you plug in the earpiece, sometimes it doesn't activate and you can't hear or talk thru it. Even if you pull out and push in again, it might not work. So, you need to pull it out completely and make your call, hang up and reinsert the jack. Then it works again.

It's these little inconsistencies that puts you off - such issues should not happen!

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    If/When this type of feature is made available, I hope it isn't an all-or-nothing scenario (which seems to be the way Windows Phone 8 is working).
    I don't want AlphaJax to wake me up every 10 minutes, at 3AM, because some dude in Pakistan played his turn.
    I, already, have to put my phone on silent, because my wife doesn't like Wheel Of Wealth waking her up.
    Of course, now I miss any text/call/alarm during those times.
    JJ

The biggest thing bothering me right now (besides lack of some crucial apps) is the fact that I can't have multiple mobile numbers in one contact. I can't believe MS omited such thing in modern OS.
    Im also bothered by some other things too but still need to make a list before posting cause I'm fresh to WP. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Matta_Z View Post
    The biggest thing bothering me right now (besides lack of some crucial apps) is the fact that I can't have multiple mobile numbers in one contact. I can't believe MS omited such thing in modern OS.
    Im also bothered by some other things too but still need to make a list before posting cause I'm fresh to WP. :)
    You can have multiple mobile numbers. I have 4 numbers for my gf, two of which are mobile.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

• a "car mode" where everything goes landscape to include the home screen.
    • a way to check messages without from within an app (notification center) similar to the drop down in Android or what seems to be coming in BB10 in the form of the Blackberry Hub
    • pull down to music player while the navigation app is running to make it easy to switch songs while in the car
    • More high quality apps
    • File manager
    • download and save from e-mail
    • Windows Phone Desktop sync (not really WP8 I suppose, but that thing is terrible and completely unreliable and does affect the WP8 experience).

Those are the biggies for me off the top of my head.
    My smartphone history.

Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    You can have multiple mobile numbers. I have 4 numbers for my gf, two of which are mobile.
    Let me rephrase:
    I sync contacts from my google account. Some contacts have more than one number that is tagged as "mobile number". My HTC 8S will just show first number that carries the tag of "mobile number".
    Also, if I manually edit contact on 8S and try to add more numbers that will be under "mobile number" category - I can't.
    I can add one more number that can be tagged as "mobile number 2" (not "mobile number"!). If I try to add more numbers I can't tag them as "mobile number" (and "mobile number 2"), I would have to tag them as "home number" or "work number" etc.

How did you managed to have 4 numbers tagged as "mobile number" ?

Ahhh, I see.

I have two mobile numbers and then multiple others for her. Mobile 1 and mobile 2 plus work 1 & 2. If you can label them as mobile 1 & mobile 2 is that not ok?
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

Quote Originally Posted by Matta_Z View Post
    Let me rephrase:
    I sync contacts from my google account. Some contacts have more than one number that is tagged as "mobile number". My HTC 8S will just show first number that carries the tag of "mobile number".
    Also, if I manually edit contact on 8S and try to add more numbers that will be under "mobile number" category - I can't.
    I can add one more number that can be tagged as "mobile number 2" (not "mobile number"!). If I try to add more numbers I can't tag them as "mobile number" (and "mobile number 2"), I would have to tag them as "home number" or "work number" etc.

How did you managed to have 4 numbers tagged as "mobile number" ?
    Just chiming in to help here. You create a duplicate contact, and then link them together. So say you had Bob Smith who had 2 mobile numbers, you create a contact for each one, then link them, and it will show up as one contact with multiple numbers.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    You can use UC Web Browser if you want. The UI is good with tons of more features. Is a bit slower than IE. But will compensate for that with its extensive features. I personally use IE only.

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    User Agent Switcher browser is a great browser too. I use it more than UC browser.
    Favorite Apps: Windows Phone News, WPCentral, TV Series, [/B]myTube, Metrotube, wpTorrent, Yxplayer WP8, Moliplayer Pro, Package Tracker, NZBConnect, Media Browser, Audiotica 4, MP3 finder, User Agent Switcher (use iPad as agent), UC Browser, GetThemAll, Amazing Music, Music+, MetroRadio, FlashVideo, Navigon, WebApps, Note It

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I want WP8 to do everything that WM6.5 did!
    I can't put apps on my 64GB micoSD card why? WM6.5 you could!
    No Bluetooth 4.0/FM Radio? Don't all new Smartphone's come with Bluetooth 4.0?
    My old WM6.5 OS had FM Radio in it!
    I upgraded from the LG IQ "WM6.5" to Samsung ATIV S "WP8" I skipped Windows Phone 7 Gen all together and still found alot missing in Windows phone 8 that Windows Mobile 6.5 had! WTF Microsoft! 😒
    ATIV S is LIFE

This might be impossible due to commercial reasons but if Microsoft can integrate hyper-V into WP8, we can use android and iOS apps without waiting for the port.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BHFH View Post
    This might be impossible due to commercial reasons but if Microsoft can integrate hyper-V into WP8, we can use android and iOS apps without waiting for the port.
    Hyper V is Microsoft's version of VM Ware and is baked into some of the latest server offerings. It's a server/client variant. It's not an o/s emulator.
    My next phone...
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by travisel View Post
    Totally agree. WP8 is a giant step backwards compared to WP6.5
    Lacking of repetead notifications, optional text message toast, optional resume music playback after a call etc., for example, was already in WM6.5, but there was a lot of apps (SPB Mobile Shell, ReRemind, PocketMusic, etc) you could choose from to obtain such features. :(
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by travisel View Post
    I don't, WM was a horrible OS.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    I have had many times in the last week where Text would not send or receive. I found out that it was cuse my Microsoft account was "Syncing" all the time and Only way to fix was to shut off the phone and leave it off for 30 minutes or more. This is a deal breaker for me. When I need to send a text I need it to go right then. Not in 30+ minutes, So I am going to the Note 2

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schartzr View Post
    I have had many times in the last week where Text would not send or receive. I found out that it was cuse my Microsoft account was "Syncing" all the time and Only way to fix was to shut off the phone and leave it off for 30 minutes or more. This is a deal breaker for me. When I need to send a text I need it to go right then. Not in 30+ minutes, So I am going to the Note 2
    Not sure what you're talking about? I have 6 account's syncing together with NO problems having delayed text's on my ATIV S WP8! That's just weird 😖

My brother has the Note2.. that phone is huge, heavy and power eating beast! He has to reset that phone all the time why? Android 4.1.2 unstable? Not saying buttery smooth WP8 is perfect...just saying do your research before you buy!
    WP8 "Portico" is not = to Android 4.2.2 "Jelly Bean v2" by no means!! Also with features lacking from WP8.

By April it's a new story with WP8.1 vs iOS6.1 vs BB10 vs Android 5.0 "Key Lime Pie" 😎
    Last edited by travisel; 01-15-2013 at 08:45 PM.
    ATIV S is LIFE

I'm beginning to get frustrated with this phone :)) lots of bugs and glitches :/ I still love it anyway
    Probably the biggest debate between Windows Phone Users is the concept of a notification center. Split right down the middle, one side believes it is vital and necessary to have while the other side doesn't want to stray away from the concept of live tiles. So how should Microsoft fix this problem? I give you the best possible way of addressing this heated debate that will make everyone happy. First off, Microsoft must create a notification center built right into the OS. An idea seen all around WP forums is, from the start screen, wipe from left to right to bring up a notification center. This is one idea that will be used for this demonstration. WP is built around the idea of being a "unique fingerprint" and being very "customizable", and this is where I'm sure everyone will be happy. Give the Notification Center a settings section with four options. The first will be to enable all apps to display their notifications in the Notification Center. The second option will be to enable all apps that are not pinned to the start screen to display notifications in the Notification Center. The third option will enable the user to choose which apps he or she wants displayed in the Notification Center by presenting a list of all installed apps, from built in apps like messaging and email to third party ones like twitter and draw something, where the user can individually select which ones they want displayed in the Notification Center. And the fourth and final option will be to completely "disable" the Notification Center. Just like kids corner, if it is disabled, it will not display at all so swiping from the left will do nothing just like our phones do now. This concept, in my opinion, will adhere to everyone in this debate. For those who desire a fully functional Notification Center, they got it. For those who want to choose only the apps not pinned or select specific apps to be displayed in the Notification Center, they got it. And for those who want to fully retain the concept of live tiles by not having s notification center at all, they got it. I hope that all you great WP users out there read this and also agree this is a great way of addressing the Notification Center issue. Microsoft needs to read this and by all means use this idea!

Global Posts
    2,536 Global Posts
    Read the first and last sentences, the rest dissolved into a wall of text! Not sure what the idea was but MS is unlikely to read it here, try Microsoft answers.
    KrankyKoder likes this.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    No offense, but Microsoft already said they were working on developing something, and just ran out of time to get it in to the release. This leads me to believe that any further debate on this topic is moot, because they are already in development and are unlikely to go back to the drawing board because someone posted yet another forum thread about it.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    My idea: Notification center left of Home as you've mentioned but can be accessed direct from lock-screen by swiping down rather than up.

I find the whole notification center mute. That's what the live tiles are for. Place and size the Facebook, Twitter, SMS, email tile to your liking, bingo notification center. I think that most consumers are used to having it because of Android and iOS. It's more efficient in my opinion to have the tiles. Instead of "pulling" down a notification menu, just touch a tile, or go into the People Hub. Android and iOS is app driven, and since those platforms are based on the quality of their devices on the quantity of apps, WP8 is based on user experiences, meaning how easily can a user post on Facebook to make a tweet or share something on a social network without going through the trouble of launching an app? In a WP8 environment there's no need to continually launch apps, those functions are embedded into the OS. I love the People Hub, it lets me know what's going on with my friends and colleagues within several different social accounts all at once. I can comment and post as well all from within People Hub. So why do we need a notification bar/menu? I don't get it.
    IceCrush likes this.