I switched over to use my live.com account for email, calendar and contacts. I successfully imported everything over.
    I dont have the option to sync calendar and contacts for the live.com account on my 920, just email. What am I doing wrong?

Second queston. Do you think it is ok to continue using the live.com account? I have an outlook.com account as well, I just like having live.com because it is shorter.

Thanks

Jay

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    When you first establish the account for Gmail you have the option to sync 'just mail' or 'mail, contacts, calendar' and I don't think it lets you change that selection without unlinking and re-linking the account. Is this the same deal for live? I doubt that signing in with live or outlook alias makes any difference.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I like my live ID better also and use that with the new outlook mail. Though I did reserve some outlook alias addresses for possible future use.

I've always kicked myself for not using throwaway email addresses for spam avoidance. My Gmail will now be my new spam adress and live/outlook will be hopefully more protected in long run!

I was afraid thats what you were going to say. I'm assuming since I can not delete my live.com account from the phone I will have to reset the phone back to factory?

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I'd post a screenshot if I could figure out how from my phone. Sorry.

When I open the 'email and account' settings I have a list that includes Nokia, Facebook, Gmail, etc. But it also shows my MS account and live account as separate things. I have the option to delete the live account but not MS from there.

So if you have a similar setup then maybe try to re-establish your live/outlook account and you wouldn't have to reset your phone.

My ms account and my live account is the same.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    So is mine. Xbox live, live.com, MS account, etc all same username and password.

It's been a month so I don't remember why I needed to establish a separate live account under accounts but I'm pretty sure that is what established my outlook/live email sync as well as live calendar and contacts.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Really sorry I can't figure out how to post screenshots from my winphone or I didn't look in detail at this before. But you got me to play around with some things and here is some clarification:

If I select my 'Microsoft Account' under 'email+account' settings it gives me one option under 'content to sync' and that is 'email' with a checkbox by it. The account name is 'hotmail' at the top of that screen so if I look in my apps I see a 'hotmail' mail app which is associated with this account setting.

If I select 'Live.com' under 'email+account' settings, it gives me 4 options under 'content to sync': email, contacts, calendar, and tasks. The mail app associated with this is called 'outlook' in my app list. Both 'outlook' and 'hotmail' are the same exact thing when I open them.

This is some silliness on Microsoft's part that that outlook and hotmail are one and the same and they can both show as different apps on my phone. Good thing I looked into this, guess I can disable the 'hotmail' one since it's redundant. Hope this helps.

I figured it out.

My live.com account is my MS Account for the Phone. When I initially set it up I did not choose to sync anything but mail. For whatever reason MS dont let me edit this account other than mail sync.

I just added an additional entry for the live.com account this time selecting mail, calendar, contacts and tasks. They now sync I did go back and disable mail sync from the first live.com entry even though they both are the same.

Thanks for your help

Jay
    Your Microsoft account should automatically sync calendar, contacts and mail. You do not get to turn off contacts and calendar. You might have filter the contacts list to not show your outlook account. Same with calendar you should beable to turn on the calendar in the settings of the calendar. If it isn't still working then you should reset your phone. My phone only has an option to sync email, but I have my contacts and calendar on it.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Thanked by:

Thanks rdubmu. I hadn't realized that calendar and contacts were on by default. I assumed since I didn't see the option to enable them that I couldn't.

I deleted all other accounts and sure enough my live account loaded all I needed. No factory reset was necessary. I made the issue more difficult than it was.

Thanks. This community is great.

Jay