Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    For those interested here's the link http://www.change.org/petitions/google-inc-support-your-popular-apps-google-talk-drive-on-windows-phone
    Banned

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Here is a petition that someone started to bring native google apps on windows phone 8 platform. If you miss them you can click on this link
    and sign it. Maybe google will rethink and start developing apps.

http://www.change.org/petitions/goog...-windows-phone
    Thanked by:
    strikexx and DigitalDK like this.

No, thank you.
    I am on WP to get away from Google and their data collection/privacy habits, Ice cream sandwich, Jelly fish or bean, or anything Android. The names are so ridiculous, I would not touch them with a 10ft pole.
    Thanked by:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Napocensis View Post
    No, thank you.
    I am on WP to get away from Google and their data collection/privacy habits, Ice cream sandwich, Jelly fish or bean, or anything Android. The names are so ridiculous, I would not touch them with a 10ft pole.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Napocensis View Post
    No, thank you.
    So you don't use FB or Bing or Twitter or any services of the like I presume either?
    Thanked by:
    1jaxstate1 likes this.

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I think he is just trying to get away from google. No matter what you will have to have some tracking.

I say forget google and all their apps. I am fine with the alternatives in the market anyway.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Thanked by:

http://www.change.org/petitions/mint...phone-platform This is what is more important that signing for Google.
    teo155 likes this.

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I'm with Napocensis. I am getting away from anything Google or Apple. Google because of security risks and Apple because they do everything bass ackwards. I don't mind targeted advertising but it's only a matter of time before Google pushes the envelope past just targeted advertising. They don't make any apps that I personally need or would use.
    cedarlog and WPenvy like this.

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Bye bye Google! 😊
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    cedarlog and WPenvy like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,762 Global Posts
    Google has no interest whatsoever in WP using their applications.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    WPenvy likes this.

tumblr_l8ihwyqeo81qarpk2o1_400.gif

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    The battle lines are drawn! :)

Petitions never work
    MikeSo likes this.

Pass. Happy without the big G tracking me.
    cedarlog likes this.

Bing's search results are still terrible in comparison to Google in my country, and the same goes with the maps. So yes, I am using the Google App, and I am using gMaps Pro. But I also think Google doesn't give a hoot about any petition.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chregu View Post
    Bing's search results are still terrible in comparison to Google in my country, and the same goes with the maps. So yes, I am using the Google App, and I am using gMaps Pro. But I also think Google doesn't give a hoot about any petition.
    Google said they go where the customers go, if we have enough signatures I'm sure they'd certainly at least rethink it.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nbktonic View Post
    http://www.change.org/petitions/mint...phone-platform This is what is more important that signing for Google.
    I'll sign this one as well however you know Google owns Snapseed right?
    Banned

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDK View Post
    Google said they go where the customers go, if we have enough signatures I'm sure they'd certainly at least rethink it.
    No they won't. The only thing that matters are hard facts, market share facts.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I just want to say the level of paranoia people have in this thread is pretty impressive we're talking Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory paranoid (except you guys have no proof of Google turning evil). Regardless of where you go on the internet or what you use to access it you're leaving a trace behind. If you have a cell phone you're leaving a trace and information is being sold about what you do with it, the list goes on and on,while I don't use all Google services a few would be nice to have.
    howie likes this.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I just want to say the level of paranoia people have in this thread is pretty impressive we're talking Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory paranoid (except you guys have no proof of Google turning evil). Regardless of where you go on the internet or what you use to access it you're leaving a trace behind. If you have a cell phone you're leaving a trace and information is being sold about what you do with it, the list goes on and on,while I don't use all Google services a few would be nice to have.
    If you are worried about being tracked, you are right turn off your computer and your phone. What Google is doing is promoting open in marketing, but working behind the scenes to close off their ecosystem. It is starting now with EAS which just does not hurt WP8, but also iphone users. If you want push email now on your iPhone you can't use the built in mail app unless you pay for Google Apps. Pushing everything into Google + is an easy way to keep all your info in one place to sell to advertisers, and Google is an advertising company. My biggest fear is different however. Last year they made a big deal of picking one city to install "Google Fiber". Now they said they are interested in adding more areas to this service. On the face, this service seems awesome. Very fast fiber right into your home. However, we would now be allowing one company that has a lot of incentive to control where you go on the internet with that control. Once they get enough market share, why not only Google as your search engine if Yahoo doesn't pay Google to allow their users through THEIR fiber? Why not turn off YouTube competitors, or only allow streaming through Google Play and not Netflix?

I don't like when ANY company tries to do this. Microsoft got in pretty big trouble in the 90's doing things like this. Using market share to push other products to the determent of others. Even if the Google execs right now don't plan on doing this, what happens when the stock holders realize they are sitting on another 40 billion a year of revenue if they do some of these things? They do have a fiduciary responsibility to them.

I tell people all the time to spread their life over different companies on the internet. If you have the know how and money, I like making your own personal hub online with wordpress or squarespace and just pushing those updates to the other networks.
    weis likes this.
    I'm signing this because if they won't give us any other cool apps they can give us this one ATLEAST I mean that is the least they can do. They are just being ridiculous now. Its making me want to switch my service.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    For me it has nothing to do with evil. I didn't use google services when I had my evo because I didn't care for them. I certainly don't have any use for them now that I'm on Windows Phone.

I can understand that there are people that do use those services and would like to have them. But I don't see why they are suprised when not everyone wants to line up behind them.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsUpDNC View Post
    If you are worried about being tracked, you are right turn off your computer and your phone. What Google is doing is promoting open in marketing, but working behind the scenes to close off their ecosystem. It is starting now with EAS which just does not hurt WP8, but also iphone users. If you want push email now on your iPhone you can't use the built in mail app unless you pay for Google Apps. Pushing everything into Google + is an easy way to keep all your info in one place to sell to advertisers, and Google is an advertising company. My biggest fear is different however. Last year they made a big deal of picking one city to install "Google Fiber". Now they said they are interested in adding more areas to this service. On the face, this service seems awesome. Very fast fiber right into your home. However, we would now be allowing one company that has a lot of incentive to control where you go on the internet with that control. Once they get enough market share, why not only Google as your search engine if Yahoo doesn't pay Google to allow their users through THEIR fiber? Why not turn off YouTube competitors, or only allow streaming through Google Play and not Netflix?

I don't like when ANY company tries to do this. Microsoft got in pretty big trouble in the 90's doing things like this. Using market share to push other products to the determent of others. Even if the Google execs right now don't plan on doing this, what happens when the stock holders realize they are sitting on another 40 billion a year of revenue if they do some of these things? They do have a fiduciary responsibility to them.

I tell people all the time to spread their life over different companies on the internet. If you have the know how and money, I like making your own personal hub online with wordpress or squarespace and just pushing those updates to the other networks.
    That makes a lot of sense as a concern, but it just wouldn't work. While there are moron consumers out their who follow the rules to a T and do what companies tell them there are also people like us who would notice such a change instantly. A plan like that would fail hard and they'd burn alive because of it.

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    People are assholes and simple minded. They think the big corporate company they use don't do any of these things and that only the other big corporate company does. ****ing idiots on the internet, I swear I hate them. I signed the petition.
    So you don't use FB or Bing or Twitter or any services of the like I presume either?
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

I see this as a good sign for Microsoft, they claim there is not enough market share. Yet with sales growing on the WP8 platform and oh I dunno ms owning 90% of the OS market, this is a lie. Google now sees MS approaching their market, the mobile market and the search engine market. This is there way of fighting the competition. There goal here is not to drop support, but a move to tell people looking for phones don't buy ms products because our stuff isn't there.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast