Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 72 of 72
Like Tree42Likes
  1. #51  
    No matter how many people sign this petition google will never support WP .. They know WP is blowing up and Microsoft is setting up to take over again ... The google docs are free so why would they give things to the competition for free
    Thanked by:
    WPenvy 
  2. sdrawkcabII's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #52  
    ^ It still won't hurt to try. Petitions have worked in the past. Also, this petition does another thing for WP8 users; if we get hundreds of thousand, or even a million signatures, and Google still ignores it, they'll have a lot of PR work to do. They'll show that 1) They are liars, because they said initially WP8 doesn't have the userbase behind it to justify making apps, and if we prove them wrong, they'll either have to address this, or retract that statement.And 2) If they'll have to deal with the bad publicity of hundreds of thousands of those signaturees quitting their services, and publicising their disgust in Google; essentially calling them out on their BS. It can potentially snowball into something greater. Either way, we either get what we want, or we hurt Google's public image if they don't deliver. But either of those outcomes will work only if people sign the petition.
    Thanked by:
  3. sdrawkcabII's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #53  
    Below is what I have posted on Facebook, on the walls of Microsoft, Windows Phone, Windows Phone 8, Windows Phone 8 UK, Windows Phone 8 India, Windows Phone Dev, Windows Phone DE, HTC 8X, and Nokia:

    Bring Google Apps To WP8 Petition!!!

    Some of you may know that Google has refused to develop applications for WP8. Some of you may not have a problem with this, because you may not use Google apps. However, millions of people around the world still use Google applications, and having access to these applications is a contributing factor in their decision to purchase a new smartphone. Because we want WP8 to have the best possible chance of success, I humbly ask that we all sign this petition, to help make WP8 a viable option to users who still use Google apps.
    Let us ensure the growth of this wonderful mobile platform. Let us help make WP8 a success.

    Please, sign this petition, thank you.

    http://www.change.org/petitions/goog...-windows-phone
    I kindly ask others to share this, or make similar posts. Not just on Facebook, but to every site they can, where they'll garner support for WP8 and this cause. This is a war we are fighting, and with you guys' help, we just might succeed.
    Thanked by:
  4. DigitalDK's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
       #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by the real smackbo View Post
    No matter how many people sign this petition google will never support WP .. They know WP is blowing up and Microsoft is setting up to take over again ... The google docs are free so why would they give things to the competition for free
    You know what that makes absolute since. I mean Google has never given apps to the competition, and that would explain why iOS has every single application that Google makes... wait what's that? iOS has every Google app?! Aren't they competitors? Wait didn't you say they wouldn't give WP apps because they're competitors?

    You're argument makes about as much sense as a giraffe living in a hobbit house, no freaking sense at all.
  5. DigitalDK's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
       #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Napocensis View Post
    I did not say I live in a Hutterite colony. I do drink coffee and coke. I do use the GPS when I need it, and email all the time. However, I consider MS being less evil than Google. Just my personal preference, feel free to use whoever you want.
    Exactly, its your preference as Google is millions of others preferences which is why you should sign the petition anyway, I'm not trying to people to sign this to benefit you. Its to benefit our OS and push our ecosystem into a much larger more acknowledged position where every developer wants their hand in our cookie jar. Stop being so pretentious and just sign it, its not about you.
  6. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDK View Post
    You know what that makes absolute since. I mean Google has never given apps to the competition, and that would explain why iOS has every single application that Google makes... wait what's that? iOS has every Google app?! Aren't they competitors? Wait didn't you say they wouldn't give WP apps because they're competitors?

    You're argument makes about as much sense as a giraffe living in a hobbit house, no freaking sense at all.
    apple also hasn't attacked google publically .. And they are planning on not supporting IOS free apps as well .. Google changed YouTube to screw with WP ..its a war between WP and google .. So yes my argument makes perfect sense if you really understood how things work ... Google will never support WP again .. And we will probably end up losing YouTube too
  7. El_Burro's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #57  
    Why would anyone want to use Google apps? Google search is equal to Bing. Gmail is equal to Hotmail. Google maps is equal to Bing maps (some of us have Nokia maps which is better) And the rest of their apps are a disaster when compared to Microsoft Office.
  8. El_Burro's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by the real smackbo View Post
    apple also hasn't attacked google publically ..
    Steve Jobs Said He'd 'Go Thermonuclear War' On Google Over iPhone 'Theft'
    Thanked by:
  9. DigitalDK's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
       #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by the real smackbo View Post
    apple also hasn't attacked google publically .. And they are planning on not supporting IOS free apps as well .. Google changed YouTube to screw with WP ..its a war between WP and google .. So yes my argument makes perfect sense if you really understood how things work ... Google will never support WP again .. And we will probably end up losing YouTube too
    Again you're making no sense... Google makes money off of advertisements which is why they never charge a dime. That's why they rebuilt the maps application for Apple, it was a losing situation for them and they were going to lose millions of hits a day. So forcing paid applications on customers wouldn't even make any sense again. Cutting off iOS and WP hurts them more in the long run, you might want to look into how Google makes all of its money...
  10. DigitalDK's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
       #60  
    Yep, never publicly attacked. Never.

    Remember the "If you don't have an iPhone, well you don't have an iPhone" ad campaign? Clearly a swing at Google.
  11. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDK View Post
    Yep, never publicly attacked. Never.

    Remember the "If you don't have an iPhone, well you don't have an iPhone" ad campaign? Clearly a swing at Google.
    how is that an attack on google ... Haha it just sounds like a dumb marketing campaign .. A clear swing at google is blasting them on twitter saying they are full of malware .. And then publically attacking them with scroogled .. That's a clear swing ... It doesn't even matter anyway if you use google apps then go get a google phone .. Complaining that google isn't on WP is like complaining you can't get a whopper at mcdonalds .. Get over it and go to the place that has what you want
  12. LowRentTechGuy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #62  
    Anyone who is griping about Google "tracking" you makes your point moot. You are so against Google but other data collection is OK? Just say "I don't like Google." It's less hypocritical.
  13. iamtim's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,189 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,361 Global Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdrawkcabII View Post
    they'll either have to address this, or retract that statement
    Nope, sorry, they don't have to do either. They can just ignore it, and go on as they've been going with their Android and iOS users.
  14. #64  
    I'm all for letting Google go. Who needs em? I'm in the process of getting rid of gmail, and such, because of their anti-privacy practices. If you want to be spied upon, Android is a great platform to use, IMO.
    - Rich


    WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

    Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
  15. DigitalDK's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
       #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    I'm all for letting Google go. Who needs em? I'm in the process of getting rid of gmail, and such, because of their anti-privacy practices. If you want to be spied upon, Android is a great platform to use, IMO.
    As has been stated numerous times in this thread, whether you're in the process of getting rid of Google services or not that doesn't mean Google's millions of consumers are too. WP needs Google's support to win those folks over whether you like it or not. If WP dies out and you have to switch to iOS or Android wouldn't you want Microsoft to make an application so you can continue using your Microsoft services? The same goes for potential consumers who do not use Microsoft's services religiously. They don't feel they should have to switch services just to get what they're accustomed too. Not having support of major developers will be the demise of WP if they can't get a proper backing by major companies and developers.

    Now don't get me wrong I'm moving all of my services to Microsoft and it's simple and easy, but people are lazy and will just continue to do what they've been doing.
  16. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDK View Post
    As has been stated numerous times in this thread, whether you're in the process of getting rid of Google services or not that doesn't mean Google's millions of consumers are too. WP needs Google's support to win those folks over whether you like it or not. If WP dies out and you have to switch to iOS or Android wouldn't you want Microsoft to make an application so you can continue using your Microsoft services? The same goes for potential consumers who do not use Microsoft's services religiously. They don't feel they should have to switch services just to get what they're accustomed too. Not having support of major developers will be the demise of WP if they can't get a proper backing by major companies and developers.

    Now don't get me wrong I'm moving all of my services to Microsoft and it's simple and easy, but people are lazy and will just continue to do what they've been doing.
    Point taken.
    - Rich


    WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

    Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    Thanked by:
    DigitalDK likes this.
  17. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    #67  
    Bing sucks and Microsoft tracks you too. Everyone tracks you. I laugh at these Internet privacy warriors who think they are making a difference by abandoning Google. All you're doing is depriving yourself of the best search tool there is. Are you going to stop using YouTube as well? Good luck with that.
  18. WinFan1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Bing sucks and Microsoft tracks you too. Everyone tracks you. I laugh at these Internet privacy warriors who think they are making a difference by abandoning Google. All you're doing is depriving yourself of the best search tool there is. Are you going to stop using YouTube as well? Good luck with that.
    all tech companies track data usage, but not all companies use it to sell information to third parties to then scope out what ads to shoot your way. most tech companies if i understand the privacy policy correctly take information from what you use to improve service quality. i barely get any real ads on my windows phone where as when i had my nexus every app was riddle with them. its not about tracking data its how they use it that makes it wrong.
  19. DigitalDK's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
       #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by WinFan1 View Post
    all tech companies track data usage, but not all companies use it to sell information to third parties to then scope out what ads to shoot your way. most tech companies if i understand the privacy policy correctly take information from what you use to improve service quality. i barely get any real ads on my windows phone where as when i had my nexus every app was riddle with them. its not about tracking data its how they use it that makes it wrong.
    I never really got ads on my Android device because I always had premium versions, but I know in Gmail and stuff I'll have ads relevant to things I search for. If it's relevant I don't mind really, better than tampon ads >.<
  20. stmav's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,685 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    #70  
    In light of google's recent actions, does anyone have a whole lot of faith in this petition? At least from a google acknowledging aspect.
  21. iamtim's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,189 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,361 Global Posts
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by stmav View Post
    In light of google's recent actions, does anyone have a whole lot of faith in this petition?
    Nope, never did. Best I ever considered was a couple of execs in a board room commenting on how quaint the petition was.
  22. jdhooghe's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    504 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    #72  
    Google can go suck on an android doll
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-14-2013, 12:57 PM
  2. Closing an App to Allow an App to not run inthe background
    By Pwnisher in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-25-2012, 04:49 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 08:03 AM
  4. How to copy Google contacts to Windows Live?
    By GreenScrew in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 02:18 PM
  5. What Happened to the Google+ App
    By mehsdomi in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 02:31 PM

Posting Permissions

B