- 12-24-2012, 05:59 PM #1
I got my Lumia 920 on Black Friday (how cliche) and I love it! I'm still in the process of transitioning from my iPhone 3Gs, and there are some things that maybe you kind forum members can help me with:
1. Are there toast notifications for emails? (I have an @outlook.com account)
2. Facebook and Twitter notifications for new followers/new friends, favorited tweets, retweets, and new messages? I know in the Facebook settings, it's checked to give me badges and toasts for everything, but the only ones that appear are for comments.
3. Is there a way to keep an email marked as "read" when moving them between folders or deleting them?
4. Is there a way to open .gif images saved to the phone from emails, messaging app, etc?
5. Seeking in video playback? SOLVED: press and hold |<< or >>|
I'm sure I'll be adding to this list or creating a new thread for things I wish to see improved/changed in the next version and updates for Windows Phone.
Last edited by wtf_aleks; 12-24-2012 at 08:22 PM.
12-24-2012, 07:55 PM #2
- 2,297 Posts
1. I think so but I never tried it. Try going to settings >ringtones and sounds and then under new email select the sound you would like to hear. This should also spawn a toast notification.
2. Yup for Facebook there is but it can get spotty at times. For twitter you're notified on the me tile of new mentions and such. Me tile for Facebook also notifies of likes and comments. And if you pin Facebook contacts or groups to the start screen you'll see their updates as well.
3. Not sure but whenever I make a change its reflected across the board.
4. Not sure, only way is to try. All email attachments are stored in the office hub.
5. Only way is to press and hold |<< or >>|
- 12-24-2012, 08:21 PM #3
1. I have sounds enabled for emails, but the screen never lights up, nor does it give me a toast. I guess that's just not a feature (yet).
2. I use the Me tile pretty often for notifications, but it doesn't catch everything. I still have my iPhone on (using wifi) and when it receives notifications for Facebook and Twitter, I look to see when my 920 will get it, but most of the time it never comes. They appear in the Facebook app after I open it, but Twitter notifications other than @mentions never show up, whether in the Me tile or in the native Twitter app.
3. That's just weird on my part, haha. No big deal though.
4. What I meant was to get .gif files to play. I can open them, but they don't move.
12-24-2012, 10:41 PM #4
- 491 Posts
- Nope. No toast notifications for emails, though Live Tiles and Lockscreen indicators are present.
- There are some issues with the People Hub, and it may not catch everything that comes through (though I personally don't have an issues with it through usage). As for the official Twitter app, try out a third-party if you're not receiving content that should be there - never got on with it myself.
- Like Eric, I have no issues here. You're using Outlook.com, correct?
- I don't believe animated GIFs can be 'played' on Windows Phone through the photo viewer. You could save them to SkyDrive and view via IE?
- 12-24-2012, 10:54 PM #5
Hey, Rich. Thanks! I've actually been following WPCentral new for a while, just on the forums.
1. Thanks! I won't worry about this anymore, then.
2. I'll check out a couple different clients and see what works best for me, I just wish it would happen in the Me tile instead. Future updates will resolve this, I'm sure.
3. Yes, I use Outlook.com. It's not really an issue, just more of an annoyance that messages on stay read if I leave them in the Inbox.
4. I will try that with Skydrive!
- By ElusiveLattice in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 23Last Post: 04-19-2012, 10:23 PM
- By Big Mac#WP in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 06-28-2011, 12:50 PM
- By ericreinhardt in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 5Last Post: 06-01-2011, 02:24 PM
- By nicallen63 in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 6Last Post: 05-27-2011, 05:14 PM