Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zombiegrrl86
  1. zombiegrrl86's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
       #1  
    Go into settings, then find my phone and tick "send apps to my phone using push notifications"

    I finally got an app update for audio after a few weeks of having to manually update everything.

    Try it, maybe it will work for you too.
    win_splash likes this.
  2. win_splash's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiegrrl86 View Post
    Go into settings, then find my phone and tick "send apps to my phone using push notifications"

    I finally got an app update for audio after a few weeks of having to manually update everything.

    Try it, maybe it will work for you too.
    I didn't even know these options where there. I'll try checking the boxes and see if it helps.
  3. jiayit's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    #3  
    That's for pushing apps to your phone through windowsphone.com's purchase history, I do it all the time. But if it helps, why not? Does no harm.
  4. Ultimateone's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    775 Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jiayit View Post
    That's for pushing apps to your phone through windowsphone.com's purchase history, I do it all the time. But if it helps, why not? Does no harm.
    Its actually hurts battery performance a bit so it kinda sucks to have it on to receive updates
  5. dlusted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiegrrl86 View Post
    Go into settings, then find my phone and tick "send apps to my phone using push notifications"

    I finally got an app update for audio after a few weeks of having to manually update everything.

    Try it, maybe it will work for you too.
    Don't help....
    As this was the first thing MS suggested when I initially contacted them regarding the issue.
  6. zombiegrrl86's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlusted View Post
    Don't help....
    As this was the first thing MS suggested when I initially contacted them regarding the issue.
    It did for me, that's why I suggested it. ****, if it at least helps some people, that's great. Doesn't hurt to try it if you haven't already. Ya know?
  7. brmiller1976's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,092 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #7  
    It's sorta sad that such a workaround is required, simply because the App Store notifications are broken.

    And "wait for a Windows Phone update to fix it" isn't a good answer either, since Microsoft's knuckling under to the carriers means that such an update could take weeks or months to be "certified," while you sit there with a broken phone. Sighhhhh
  8. Vikram662's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #8  
    They should just make an updates tab that you can check like iOS.
  9. dlusted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    #9  
    Anyone got their Store notifications working yet?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
    Its actually hurts battery performance a bit so it kinda sucks to have it on to receive updates
    How?

Similar Threads

  1. For those of you with battery issues
    By Wyn6 in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-02-2013, 04:59 AM
  2. For those of you switching from the Arrive to the Lumia 920
    By coasterfreak212 in forum HTC Arrive / 7 Pro
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 12:58 PM
  3. For those of you not receiving the update notification
    By jd914 in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 08:14 PM
  4. Is anyone else not getting App Updates?
    By MadSci2 in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 05:35 AM
  5. For those of you looking to pick one up...
    By John745 in forum HTC Arrive / 7 Pro
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions