Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iPwnza

Being a pharmacist and previous iPhone owner I used many medical apps in the work environment and from what I've seen in the WP marketplace it is lacking a great deal. Decided to contact NICE, the organisation who have a few apps on iOS and this is the reply

Dear Omar

Thank you for contacting the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).

We are exploring the feasibility of providing a version of the app for Windows users, but do not have a timeframe of when this might may be made available.

Kind Regards
    Andrew

Andrew McGuinness
    Communications Administrator (Enquiry Handling and Internal Communications)
    National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence
    Level 1A | City Tower | Piccadilly Plaza | Manchester M1 4BD | United Kingdom
    Tel: 0845 003 7781 | Fax: 44 (0)845 003 7785
    Web: National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence
    Banned

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I know northing about medicine, but any major apps on this platform are good. Hope this comes over to WP.

(I'll email them too just so they do develop it too).
    Thanked by:
    OMAR WAQAR likes this.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I know of a lot of people in the medical world who are dying for their med apps to come to WP. Currently they run on iOS, but before that they all ran on Windows Mobile. Here's hoping they all come back to the MS platform! The only way to get it is to ask them (just like you did) so they know there is a desire for it.
    --------------
    Lloyd
    Lumia 1520, 1020, 920, 820, 810, 620, and 520
    Past mobiles: E6, N8, N900, X7, C5-04, C3-00, N93, 5310xm, 6620, 3100, 6275i, 6310i, 6190 and a few ericcsons, motorolas, and even tried some androids and iphones

This category is severely lacking on the Windows Phone platform still. While Healthvault is nice, Microsoft's support of the initiative is 'meh' at best lately. It is too bad, as the idea is very sound. I hope that we get a lot more apps in this sector soon.