12-21-2012, 06:41 AM #1
- 95 Posts
Updated the phone Wednesday. Before that a few times a week the phone would just go dark. Power button wouldn't wake it or anything. It has happened at night when it is plugged in, during the day while not in use, at night sitting on the wireless charger. Everytime I need to reboot it.
So, now I update it and think to myself - all should be fine. Nope - shut off last night while plugged in. Went to bed with the battery critically low and woke with it off. I had to push the power and volume to reboot it. Looking at the battery it is now with a full charge. Have a Nokia 920. Software issue? Phone issue? Nokia issue?
- 12-21-2012, 09:55 AM #2
Same problem here after the Wednesday update plus all the app updates (Lumia 920). In the morning, the phone will not come to life without a soft reset (volume down + power). Interesting here, battery life when it restarted on both days was at 83%.
12-21-2012, 10:39 AM #3
- 241 Posts
Got the same problem. It started last morning after I updated it. I went to bed with the phone in the charger, and when I woke up it was all black, and I had to soft reset it, to start it again.
But the biggest problem was that:
1. The time and date, reset to september and wrong time. And even if I change it, it wont save, so when I turn on and of the phone, it goes back to september
2. The Microsoft account has problems synching, which leads to unable to download apps or buy apps.
3. Xbox music doesn't work, I get the message "We are unable to confirm the media usage rights for this content.
4. Facebook (the integration through email+accounts, NOT the app) doesn't sync, or it did the first time, but now it says "out-of sync"
5. Since the time f***ks up, I wont receive messages or calls, or at least I don't get notified.
So I hard reset the phone, and did everything all over. But suddenly today while driving, it turned off AGAIN! And I turned it back on by soft reset, and it is the same mess again. But the weirdest thing, it turned it self of just 1 hour after that too.....
- 12-21-2012, 10:45 AM #4
Ugh same. Before portico this only happens like twice, but then I updated yesterday. And this morning my phone wouldn't respond without a soft reset. Had a full charge when it powered on though.
Thank god I'm not working the morning shift today, I'd be late. This is ridiculous. 😠
- By Naturewriter in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 10Last Post: 01-14-2013, 03:19 AM
- By emptyy in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 12-16-2012, 01:43 AM
- By mapexvenus in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 4Last Post: 11-19-2012, 04:19 AM
- By hailst0rm in forum HTC 8XReplies: 5Last Post: 11-08-2012, 02:55 AM
- By CoopII in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 03-12-2012, 03:14 AM