12-21-2012, 04:52 AM #1
- 129 Posts
I'm glad I upgraded to WP8. But it's always the little things that change the user experience from just OK to great. I've noticed a few things that are no longer present in WP8 that were on WP7, unless somebody can correct me. Can anyone spot if there are any more?
- Custom Regional Settings - I used to be able to manually edit the short date, first day of the week etc and now I can't.
- Map settings (HTC 8x) - I can no longer change the orientation between 'Always orientate north' and 'Rotates with my current direction.'
- Camera - Quick share account is no longer included, so to share to Facebook or Twitter is an additional click and scroll.
- FM Radio - the hardware is no longer included in WP which is a shame. It's too easy to say "oh use Wifi or carrier data". Wifi is not always an option and so too with carrier data which costs money and has caps. The FM signal works practically everywhere and is totally free, why limit people?
- Theme picker - this one is more of a preference really but am I the only one to actually prefer the names next to the accents?
12-21-2012, 03:02 PM #7
- 184 Posts
- By AaHaa in forum Windows 8Replies: 14Last Post: 12-28-2012, 04:31 AM
- By 64GUNSHIP in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 08-01-2012, 12:16 PM
- By 3lackdeath in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 127Last Post: 03-14-2012, 02:16 PM
- By Phrozty in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 12-03-2011, 07:53 PM
- By Weust in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 12Last Post: 11-27-2011, 03:01 PM