Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PG2G View Post
    Even if there was a cross platform alternative, would your friends actually start using that alternative just for you?
    Many of my friends just nuked their Instagram accounts over the TOS bullsh, yet, like me, enjoy the Instagram functionality. So... many would, yeah.

But... I also like scrolling through random photos as well. I'm using Fhotoroom right now which is cool because I can see all the other Fhotoroom user's pictures whether they're my friend or not.

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    Look at this Instagram (Nickelback Parody) on CollegeHumor"

sorry but instagram has officially become the network for d-bags. apps that can apply image filters to ****ty photos have been around a long time, but to create an entire network where amateurs can swap ****ty filtered photos....well now that just takes the cake.
    Man.....did Instagram do something to offend you? You seem to hate it with some unbridled passion that is a bit irrational for a measly app, lol

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    Hey! What's this EyeEm thing? I'm DLing the app for it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    Hey! What's this EyeEm thing? I'm DLing the app for it right now.
    I'm using that and many others are going to it as well

Global Posts
    2,504 Global Posts
    yeah, people can do that on FB too. and when twitter updates their app for WP, same thing.

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
    I'm using that and many others are going to it as well
    Yeah, wow, pretty cool. I'll give this an honest shot. I'm @iamtim on EyeEm... and on Fhotoroom, too, for whatever that's worth. Not that I have pics up on EyeEm yet or anything. :)

Edit: I was @iamtim on Instagram, too, if you want to look at the pics I posted there. I haven't posted there since I ditched my iPhone, though, of course.

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    yeah, people can do that on FB too. and when twitter updates their app for WP, same thing.
    Like I said, I'm looking for a photo-specific network/app. FB and Twitter are neither. Really, we get that you don't like Instagram and Instagram-like apps. So we're totally fine with you not participating in this thread, which is really for people who DO like Instagram and Instagram-like apps.

I'll have to start giving some of these apps a shot. Thanks for this thread :)
    Krys Morgenweck
    Writer - Windows Phone Central
    Email - k.morgenweck@live.com
    Twitter - @krystea

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'"

I've tried Eyeem but it's not even close to Instagram. So I use a combination of Skydrive and android tablet to post on Instagram :)

I recently discovered the SoMee photo editing app; its filters & features are VERY cool. It lacks its own social network, but you can set it up to post on your existing social networks. The app even notifies you when people like or comment on your photos on FB. I highly recommend it! Aside from that, I'm a huge Fhotoroom fan. You can find me on there @malialumia920

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PG2G View Post
    Even if there was a cross platform alternative, would your friends actually start using that alternative just for you?
    Depends.

All my iPhone-using friends whine constantly that I'm not using an iPhone, so they cannot group-message me in iMessage. I replied "use Facebook instead," and they whined and complained and had a huge tantrum.

Finally, I just said "OK, keep using iMessage, and I just won't get your messages."

They all switched eventually when they wanted to include me in their messages. After all, what good is a "messaging" platform that won't work with some people who you know?

It helps that a couple other friends also are using WP now as well.

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    Here's an EyeEm hint for you:

If you keep WP location services off as a general practice, turn them off in EyeEm as well. Otherwise, EyeEm will keep trying to get location data from location services and the app will run REALLY slowly and you won't see some things (like albums on the first page). Once I turned EyeEm's location option off, everything flew like melted butter off a hot frying pan. Or something, you know, really fast. :)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12