Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
Like Tree1Likes
  1. iPwnza's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
       #1  
    I just got released for tmob, downloading when I get on WiFi... But does it fix that glitch?
  2. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    #2  
    What glitch?
  3. glimited's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    #3  
    Doesn't seem like it. I know there's an update for one of my apps but I'm purposely not searching for it in the app store to see if the live tile updates. It's only been 2 days but I'm still waiting for it to show up, if at all.
  4. dlusted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #4  
    Well, from a discussion with an MS Tech Rep on the issue; no the Portico update doesn't fix the bug....

    But they are looking into it, after several emails, live chats and calls!

    Getting annoyed with this bug, as now I have to rely on QR tags to update system apps, and manually search for 3rd Party apps to force store to recognise update and show up on both in-app AND live tile...
  5. Ultimateone's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    775 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    What glitch?
    App store tile won't show that there are updates.
  6. #6  
    I've been suffering from this as well, and it is honestly starting to **** me off. I really hope the update and the trick WinPhoneSupport asked me to do fix it.
  7. dlusted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez Jr. View Post
    I've been suffering from this as well, and it is honestly starting to **** me off. I really hope the update and the trick WinPhoneSupport asked me to do fix it.
    Don't get your hopes up...

    I've done many soft resets, hard resets, settings adjustments, "phone update" checks etc etc and none have given results.

    Just out of curiosity, what "trick" did they suggest to you?
  8. JimmyRespawn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #8  
    This is really ****ed up. Microsoft should fix this problem asap. I hate check app update manually which makes the smartphone not smart at all.
  9. JimmyRespawn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlusted View Post
    Don't get your hopes up...

    I've done many soft resets, hard resets, settings adjustments, "phone update" checks etc etc and none have given results.

    Just out of curiosity, what "trick" did they suggest to you?
    I've met this problem when I use windows phone 7, finally I fix this by flashing the ROM. Idk if this will under phone 8, anyway I won't give it shot until the phone doesn't check the app updates for one week for sure.
  10. MojoHand69's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    75 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by glimited View Post
    Doesn't seem like it. I know there's an update for one of my apps but I'm purposely not searching for it in the app store to see if the live tile updates. It's only been 2 days but I'm still waiting for it to show up, if at all.
    This is a common issue though not everyone experiences it. My app store live tile updates on my 8X.
  11. #11  
    They had me unpin, clear IE history, reset with the vol down & power, & repin
  12. JimmyRespawn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez Jr. View Post
    They had me unpin, clear IE history, reset with the vol down & power, & repin
    Did it work?
  13. stueyboy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    51 Posts
    #13  
    I tried the soft reboot unpin thing and it didn't work
  14. JimmyRespawn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #14  
    marketplace update notifications not appearing - Microsoft Community
    maybe you guys can try HudsonMC 's solution in this thread. Hope this will work for me.
    Thanked by:
  15. glimited's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    82 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRespawn View Post
    marketplace update notifications not appearing - Microsoft Community
    maybe you guys can try HudsonMC 's solution in this thread. Hope this will work for me.
    Thanks, all 5 had to be updated on my 920. Though, after a reboot, still doesn't show an update that I know I have for one of my apps. I'll see if it changes overnight ...
  16. dlusted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #16  
    Nope. Neither have worked....
    Did the unpin, soft reset method... Nothing...

    Have done the updates with QR tags, and still nothing....

    Even resorted to reflashing my carrier's ROM, but nothing...

    Oh the joys...
  17. #17  
    Are any of you on a second device?
  18. dabdoub81's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #18  
    Also why when we browse the apps lists in the store there is no word says installed under the app name !!
    Does anybody miss that or it is only me
  19. Willyman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    50 Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez Jr. View Post
    Are any of you on a second device?
    Yes, why should that matter? My previous WP device has not been turned on since I got the HTC 8X.
  20. envio's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    167 Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
    App store tile won't show that there are updates.
    I've not had any problem seeing store updates on my 8x, what device do you have?
  21. ttsoldier's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,232 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,905 Global Posts
    #21  
    It would be nice if they could also add an option like the store in Windows 8 where you can "check for updates"
    Willyman likes this.
  22. dlusted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by envio View Post
    I've not had any problem seeing store updates on my 8x, what device do you have?
    Because your 8X is working fine, doesn't mean other people's 8Xs, or any WP8 device for that matter; are not having the issue.....
    Its a bug that affects many but not all!
    My wife's 820 works fine, but my 920 doesn't.

    We just need MS to resolve it!
  23. dlusted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    It would be nice if they could also add an option like the store in Windows 8 where you can "check for updates"
    I have made a suggestion on MS Dev feature request page
  24. #24  
    Just started working again for me
  25. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
    App store tile won't show that there are updates.
    Oh. I don't have that problem. I wasn't aware of it. Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where are the App Updates?
    By MadSci2 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 03:54 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-15-2012, 12:51 AM
  3. Any issues got fixed with the recent updates?
    By cyrus_the_great in forum HTC TITAN
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 06:20 AM
  4. App update issue
    By wgr0104 in forum Samsung Focus
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 08:05 PM
  5. Does Mango Fix The Broken Live Tiles Issue?
    By drunkard in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 12:35 AM

Posting Permissions