12-20-2012, 10:39 AM #1
- 13 Posts
I have had a iphone since the iphone 4 came out. I switched over from windows mobile. I always wanted to switch back to windows environment so i gave samsung focus s a try. It was a great phone but had one big flaw. The facebook messages were not synced correctly. e.g If I start on a FB message thread on the phone and continue it in the browser all the messages didnt get synced.And Facebook integration was one of the advertised feature. I was disappointed and I returned my phone in 2 weeks. Now I have this itch again to move to window phone 8.
So my question is does integrated Facebook messaging work as good as the Facebook messaging in the Facebook app?
I just looked at my last post. :) It was about the same issue.
- 12-20-2012, 01:07 PM #2
If you want to see the messages you send on the web on your phone. No, you still can't do that. The integrated messenger works well but it's no where near as fully featured as the FB messenger app. That and the lack of a good gtalk app is really killing WP8 for me. Just about everything else I want is there.
- 12-20-2012, 01:16 PM #3
Try the app FIM: Fim Chat | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
I just started playing with it and it might be a good option. It's free with add support.. (I wish devs would also include a paid ad free version, I'd be all over that.)
I just turned on toast and tile notifications and it seems to alert me right away when I get a new message. I created a dummy facebook account to test sending messages to my main account. Don't tell Zuck.
- By BeaverJuicer in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 36Last Post: 07-26-2013, 10:15 PM
- By Korey5 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 01-20-2013, 10:03 AM
- By St.Deborah in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 5Last Post: 12-07-2012, 12:40 PM
- By keyboardP in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 06-17-2012, 12:49 AM
- By Chris Coyle in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 04-04-2012, 04:56 PM