Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    Sometimes (rarely) I can mess with the live tile arrangement and get them split off into "groups". Check out the screenshots. Like I said, it can be hard to do, but sometimes I can get it to work. I am using a regular AT&T Lumia 820 with the stock ROM...with NO APPS....

http://sdrv.ms/R4Tu8Q
    Last edited by jrdatrackstar1223; 12-19-2012 at 10:24 AM.

There are apps that make blank spacers so you can do that if that's a look you like, there are even some that will make Title tiles for each group
    Sorry that's not a glitch...im able to do that at will. Advice: windows phone is more customizable than people think. That space you call a glitch can also be made using my tile creator type apps, using a black picture and making it the smallest size. you would wedge it in between tiles to make space. I haven't posted any pictures yet, but I made my home screen sectioned off like the windows 8 start screen. Meaning, I have headers and little accompanied pics that gives my start screen its own look.

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Microsoftjunkie View Post
    Sorry that's not a glitch...im able to do that at will. Advice: windows phone is more customizable than people think. That space you call a glitch can also be made using my tile creator type apps, using a black picture and making it the smallest size. you would wedge it in between tiles to make space. I haven't posted any pictures yet, but I made my home screen sectioned off like the windows 8 start screen. Meaning, I have headers and little accompanied pics that gives my start screen its own look.
    I did this without using an app, and using a black picture isn't really the same thing because it just gives the look that there is a blank space there, when in fact it will go to the Photo hub if you accidentally click it.I don't know what you mean by doing it at will, but I've tried from day one to do this and I can't get it to happen all the time, unless I use an app....

lolz NOT a glitch, it's just the way they designed the new live tiles. I love it :)

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    Ok I'm lost....

Not trying to sound newbish, but can someone post a video of this? As in, doing it consistently, and how to do it? I try to get it to do this all the time, and I can't get the space. If I try to leave something hovering on its (with space) it automatically fills that space. Am I missing something...?

*PLEASE NOTE*....I am talking about the messaging tile (from the two screenshots from the link). In the 1st pic, you can see the Messaging tile floating by itself from the top. In the 2nd pic, it's also "floating" by itself. This, as I understand, is not something that is supposed to happen (without an app). Again, every time I try to reproduce this, I can't (and the blank black picture or anything like that), and it only happens on accident sometimes.

That's pretty cool.
    Thanked by:
    Of course it is a glitch esp if the OP has managed to do this without the use of any app. It isn't meant to stay apart. It should "pull up" or "collapse" without using any blank spacer app.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    967 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Of course it is a glitch esp if the OP has managed to do this without the use of any app. It isn't meant to stay apart. It should "pull up" or "collapse" without using any blank spacer app.
    Thank you. Like I said, I can RARELY get it to happen, but I have to wiggle it the tiles around and mess with them, but I would actually like it if they could stay apart like that. It would certainly meet their "make it your own" slogan line...

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    Move along :)
    Last edited by irvin792; 12-20-2012 at 09:43 AM.
    I can replicate this too. And I know how to do it ;)
    Take any tile which can be double wide. Make it double wide and drag it on top of already set tiles where you don't have any space left and now leave that tile. That double wide tile will create this space and go all the way to the bottom of your screen.

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=91B06...3D474F%2196894