- 12-18-2012, 07:20 PM #1
Please tell me that "Preview 2" does NOT mean that this is an almost finished version.... I just installed it, so I haven't noticed what the differences are, but at a glance, there don't appear to be any differences. I don't see any new features jumping out at me. Hopefully it will do a better job of syncing, though.
Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 2) | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United States)
12-20-2012, 02:36 PM #7
- 229 Posts
I was having a problem installing, it would get stuck on a screen telling me that it was "ready to install". but I could not click the "install" button, it was greyed out.
I figured out how to fix the issue by first manually removing the previous Windows Phone program from my computer via control panel and the programs menu.
after removing the old version, as well as the install icon that had been on my desktop. I installed the "Preview 2". everything went smoothly
I know it seems trivial, but I just wanted to post in case anyone else was having this problem. I figured it would just reinstall over my existing software, and it seems for others it did, but just in case it doesnt, I wanted to help
- 12-20-2012, 03:05 PM #8
Still crap. Previous version at least synced my playlists, this one gives me an error and fails. Same music, same device, same host PC. Just a pile of poo. Moved to the ancient WMP and miraculously synced all my media with the correct tags.
- By worldwaffle in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 10-11-2012, 08:32 PM
- By Techblogger in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 19Last Post: 06-12-2012, 03:20 PM
- By acroitoriu in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 03-09-2012, 05:35 AM
- By dragonide in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-17-2011, 02:33 PM
- By ashishvshenoy in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 11-09-2011, 11:46 AM