Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

My car has BT voice, but not audio, so I picked up a BT unit that supports BT audio. The only problem is that it supports voice as well, so when I get in my car, it connects to the new BT device for both audio and voice. I have to open up my BT devices on my HTC 8x and tap my car BT and then it connects to the voice in the car as well as keeping the BT audio connection to my new device that is plugged into the AUX port on my radio.

Does anyone know of a way to disable the voice on the BT connection to this new device I got that does audio and voice?

I'm taking silence as I'm SOL.

I'm in the same boat. I purchased a Griffin BlueTrip to do A2DP Bluetooth music streaming since my vehicle only does Bluetooth handsfree calling. My wife's Android and a friend's iPhone can both select which profiles to use for a Bluetooth device, so they can choose to stream music to the BlueTrip and calling to the vehicle. Unfortunately, Windows Phone doesn't appear to support this, yet. I did manage to get my Lumia 920 to stream separately, they way I want, by pairing the vehicle after pairing the BlueTrip, but it was only temporary. As soon as I restarted the vehicle, the Lumia went back to connecting with the BlueTrip for both. It appears this is because the BlueTrip boots up faster than the vehicle's Bluetooth so the Lumia sees the BlueTrip first. Luckily, the BlueTrip does an adequate job of handsfree calling, so I'm okay for now. However, when compared, I've had callers tell me the vehicle handsfree is slightly clearer, so I hope Windows Phone adds the ability to select Bluetooth profiles per device.

Yeah, sorry, you're out of luck on this. :(

Probably worth bugging Microsoft about, maybe it'll get added the feature mountain and looked at from there.

Quote Originally Posted by vedichymn View Post
    Yeah, sorry, you're out of luck on this. :(

Probably worth bugging Microsoft about, maybe it'll get added the feature mountain and looked at from there.
    I posted a feature request on the Windows Phone Facebook page. Maybe those of you interested can comment under my post showing interest.

http://www.facebook.com/windowsphone?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAccuser View Post
    I posted a feature request on the Windows Phone Facebook page. Maybe those of you interested can comment under my post showing interest.

http://www.facebook.com/windowsphone?fref=ts
    I guess I can't link to my post directly. You'll see my post at 12:30pm EST.

You might have better luck posting it here:

Feature Suggestions: Hot (20523 ideas)

Quote Originally Posted by vedichymn View Post
    You might have better luck posting it here:

Feature Suggestions: Hot (20523 ideas)
    Thanks for the tip. Okay, now go vote my suggestion up so it gets some exposure!

Provide the ability to select which Bluetooth profiles are enabled for each Bluetooth device.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Added 3 votes for it. I was just wondering about this yesterday.