- 12-17-2012, 08:16 AM #1
I currently have my live account setup with my own personal email address, which is really my own domain name running with POP email so email goes into my live account also. Is there any difference in using this versus setting up a live account using an outlook or .live email login and then adding my domain pop email to that account.
12-17-2012, 10:19 AM #4
- 508 Posts
I use my own domain, but I used the MX DNS entries found on domains.live.com with my domain so my email goes directly to my outlook.com account. No waiting for POP3 or anything, happens instantly. Cut out the middle man, just send mail directly to your account.
This way you retain your personal email address and domain, and don't have to wait for anything to be fetched or forwarding. Fetching with POP3 creates a time delay and forwarding, even blind forwarding, can on rare occasion create problems
12-17-2012, 03:34 PM #7
- 8 Posts
https://domains.live.com/ - up to 500 free emails (skydrive accounts, etc.) for each domain you register with Microsoft. Uses Outlook.com :)
Not sure why so many people use inferior Google Apps, when this is free
Or you can subscribe to Office Online Services - Hosted in the Cloud - Microsoft Office 365
- By simbadogg in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 12-18-2012, 02:29 AM
- By mpovolo in forum Windows 8Replies: 2Last Post: 11-26-2012, 10:52 PM
- By davestech1 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 08-06-2012, 01:02 PM
- By CaliforniaMan in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 04-27-2012, 01:01 AM
- By TeeOwnzU in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 09-28-2011, 06:30 PM