12-16-2012, 12:22 PM #4
- 4 Posts
I was able to connect my Nokia 920 to my couputer and load ringtones stored on my computer to the Ringtones Folder that appears on the Windows Phone software that appears when you connect your phone to your computer by a cable. (PS: I tried to send ringtones by bluetooth from my dumb phone to the Nokia 920 that I just bought. Although it appeared to work, I couldn't find them on the phone.)
The ringtones that I loaded are available for use on my phone now for calls and alarms. Custom ringtones won't appear for voice message or text message alerts. Might this be a Window's 8 issue or a Nokia issue. The phone I had was just a dumb phone and I loaded my free ringtones via bluetooth to that phone and could use them for anything.
Hopefully this is something that might change with a software update?
- 12-16-2012, 12:31 PM #5
This will show you how to do it, along with the exact requirements for your files that you use.
Custom Ringtones on Windows Phone 8 That Was Easy.
Only ringtones can be customized at this time. Notifications remain locked to use customization because Microsoft is....slow at adding features.
12-18-2012, 12:52 AM #8Device: Nokia Lumia 920 (Black)
- 220 Posts
Network: Tele2 Sweden
04-09-2013, 10:38 AM #9
- 1 Posts
These are the Premade ringtones you were talking about:
1. Nokia Calender (already assigned to calendar reminders, can't change it)
2. Nokia Clock (this is about 6+ seconds, not apt for texts)
3. Nokia Email (I use this for texts)
4. Nokia Message (I use this for emails)
5. Windows message
6. Windows reminder
7. Windows VoiceMail (assigned to voicemail)
8. Windows Email
9. alert 1
10. alert 2
11. alert 3 (already assigned tone when the phone is plugged in for charging, can't change it)
12. alert 4
13. alert 5 (facebook and whatsapp pre-assigned tone, can't change it either)
14. alert 6
15. alert 7
Most of these are already assigned to apps. so can't use them as we can't customize them. one of the alerts is assigned to viber as well (don't remember which one). Pre-made are not all exclusively used for texts. having like 5-7 options for text message tones is nothing..
This needs to be fixed. they need to either increase the choices or make it customizable. I love the phone but this is one of the most annoying things about it. having more choices would help, especially when they promote every windows phone for yourself as its completely different etc etc..
05-21-2013, 03:24 AM #10
- 1 Posts
I use another feature for sms on my 820. If you go into:
Turn 'read incoming text messages aloud' to 'always on'.
This means when you receive a text, it tells you who it is from, without having to do anything. The phone then prompts you as to what you want to do next, e.g read it or ignore.
If you say read it, you then have more options, e.g reply and a few others.
I'm a painter and I can be up a ladder, say read it and reply whilst still decorating. The phone sits in a pouch off my belt and most times it works fine, occasionally though it does mis-interpret the odd word or two which can be funny.
I wish there was a solution for email as well though!
Hope this helps,
- By jkrc717 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 12-04-2012, 01:06 PM
- By keyboardP in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 04-24-2012, 03:30 PM
- By ioannisgk in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 12-04-2011, 02:14 PM
- By tripower in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 12-18-2010, 08:00 PM