- 12-15-2012, 09:28 AM #1
I'm seriously considering switching to a Windows 8 phone. The only thing stopping me is the ability to group message with iPhone users. I stopped in the local AT&T store yesterday and the salesman said that there are no issues group texting with iPhone users. However when we tested it with his Lumia 920 and two iPhones the messages did not appear as a thread group message. He tried a few different things and it never would show up as a group message. Is this true or was he not doing something right. I am ready to switch but I have to be able to group message with iOS devices without installing a 3rd party app. Thanks.
12-15-2012, 10:37 AM #3
- 83 Posts
Under the messaging settings on WP8 you have to turn on "group text" it uses mms to keep it all straight. Although I am told by iPhone users that it does not work properly on their iPhone unless everyone has iMessage. I.E. it is broken on the iPhone, not WP8. I have not tested this, but is should work properly on WP8.
- 12-15-2012, 12:40 PM #6
Group messaging on iPhone is a proprietary feature of iMessage that doesn't work outside of iPhones. But Apple doesn't tell users that, so they get all confused when people with WPs, BlackBerrys, and Android devices don't respond.
- By curious225 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 11-13-2012, 10:53 PM
- By ironsoulreaver in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 10-10-2012, 05:36 PM
- By Ricom1 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 29Last Post: 08-19-2012, 07:22 PM
- By Bpgar in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 33Last Post: 11-03-2011, 11:08 PM
- By netkodrugi in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 03-10-2011, 11:42 AM