12-15-2012, 02:33 AM #1
- 231 Posts
Hope I'm not asking something that 100 people have asked before!
My new WP8 device will arrive any day (Tuesday, to be exact). My WP 7 device is linked to a oldstyle hotmail account. I've never changed to an outlook account as It would have meant to re-setup my wp7-device and I didn't want to do that.
Is getting my new device a good moment to finally change to outlook.com? If yes: Will my contacts, calendar entries and purchases (apps) be transferred?
(I don't mind resetting up my WP7 device once my new WP8 proves to be error-free ...)
LuminaticHappy WP user :P
- 12-16-2012, 06:44 PM #10
Outlook is just a new front-end layer for Hotmail. I'd transfer ASAP.
(Though for some stupid reason, Windows Phone 8 doesn't recognize Outlook.com as a Live.com account and sets it up as an IMAP address without calendar or contacts, unless you set it up manually. Dumb, dumb, dumb.)
- By brockmoreno in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 1Last Post: 04-30-2012, 03:51 PM
- By eloychristopher in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 12-11-2011, 02:47 PM
- By hubgoblin in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 10Last Post: 11-01-2011, 07:56 AM
- By DogEarsAZ in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 16Last Post: 10-17-2011, 05:52 PM
- By Dave Blake in forum Developers CornerReplies: 8Last Post: 08-09-2011, 08:12 PM