Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Daniel Ratcliffe
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    I'm just wondering, is there any way to be able to be able to remote control my PowerPoint program similar to how Keynote Remote works with Keynote? I want to be able to do this as it would then remove my need for my iPod. I have it already, and I will be doing presentations about Autism and will be doing this so I can simply place my laptop down and move around (as I always do when giving presentations), and then I don't have to walk back to the laptop whenever I want to change slides. Any ideas? Preferably an MS official solution.

Here's a video of it in action

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

There is a nifty app called TouchMouse, that connects to Logitech's touch mouse server. Lets you use your phone screen as a touch pad. Works pretty well for me and would allow you to at least flip slides.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    That's not going to cut it... I need to be able to view slide notes on the phone too. However TouchMouse does sound pretty nifty for other things.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    You'd think MS would begin integrating Office across platforms in meaningful ways by now. I'd kill to be able to control and manipulate slides through my phone during a presentation, and see the notes too! But it might seem a tad unprofessional to do so with a phone, but a 7 inch tablet would be ideal.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bilzkh View Post
    You'd think MS would begin integrating Office across platforms in meaningful ways by now. I'd kill to be able to control and manipulate slides through my phone during a presentation, and see the notes too! But it might seem a tad unprofessional to do so with a phone, but a 7 inch tablet would be ideal.
    I would still like the option on my Windows Phone! Have you any idea how cool it feels to be able to use such a small device to see notes and everything? My iPod feels like a pack of pre-arranged cue cards with it!

ousooner314 likes this.