Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Im looking for an APP that is easy to use (quick access) for taking recording voice memos that i can retrieve later (prefer transferable to skydrive). I have a quick recorder that meets my needs but its not utilizing the bluetooth (or not able to use the mic from the bluetooth)

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Have you tried OneNote? It supports audio recording (haven't tried with Bluetooth mic), and automatically backs up to SkyDrive.

Thanks for update on onenote - i have that but seems to get to voice memo it takes quite a few steps (press) and difficult when making quick notes.

I know EXACTLY what you're saying and agree, would be cool to have a live tile that opens then I just push a button and it starts recording, then saves it to OneNote. Sort of like Flashlight-X in its simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by goixiz View Post
    Thanks for update on onenote - i have that but seems to get to voice memo it takes quite a few steps (press) and difficult when making quick notes.
    I learned this from another poster here recently, you can just hold the Windows button and when the voice activation starts, say "note" followed by your note. Onenote will launch and transcribe the message and add the audio file to it. It's really quick and easy.

-E

Global Posts
    8,059 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goixiz View Post
    Hold down the Windows key. Say "Note <your note>". Quicker than any other way.

Edit: Oops, someone already suggested that.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    If you're an Evernote use you can make a tile for a voice note that will immediately launch and start the recorder, just one press.

If you're not already an Evernote user though I would stick with OneNote as suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by E Lizzle View Post
    I learned this from another poster here recently, you can just hold the Windows button and when the voice activation starts, say "note" followed by your note. Onenote will launch and transcribe the message and add the audio file to it. It's really quick and easy.

-E
    AWESOME. It stores the voice AND text transcript. Thanks.

many thanks for the tips and tricks will try it with bt and update