Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    It hardly bothers me so much, but I am failing to understand why settings are listed the way they are. Does anyone know it from common sense, design point of view, developer point of view, Metro point of view, any point of view, why they are like this since WP7 was born?

    Anyone find it particularly useful in their current format?
  2. Optimus82's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    #2  
    tell me about it.

    its a list. i hate it. if i want to find the section for the screen brightness i am forced to scroll down a simple list to find it! what happens if i scroll too fast? then i have to scroll BACK up.

    I wish I could instead go through extensive menus and options just to get where I want to.
  3. iPwnza's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #3  
    It's a settings page, just a barebones list like iOS, android, etc have. Not original, not innovative, but it works.
  4.    #4  
    Its a large list, in no particular order or sub sections!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

    Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
  5. MNPSaint's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    #5  
    It also puts the last updated on the bottom I've noticed which doesn't make a lot of sense. It may start to get bothersome if the ones you use most get put down there.
  6. Optimus82's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MNPSaint View Post
    It also puts the last updated on the bottom I've noticed which doesn't make a lot of sense. It may start to get bothersome if the ones you use most get put down there.
    You sure about that? Check again. Stays the same
  7. MNPSaint's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus82 View Post
    You sure about that? Check again. Stays the same
    I'll have to check on default images of the page from factory but every update that came out as of late ended up at the bottom. I can't recall which order the updates came but my bottom 4 are network+, feedback to Nokia, extras+info then display+touch. One of those was in the middle of the list by default when I got the phone originally. I think it might have been display+touch.
  8. tumaykilinc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MNPSaint View Post
    It also puts the last updated on the bottom I've noticed which doesn't make a lot of sense. It may start to get bothersome if the ones you use most get put down there.
    I can confirm that, the latest updated settings go to the bottom of the list.

    We need some order in the settings page, i don't care if it's by alphabets or groups, i hate the way it is now.
  9. Optimus82's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MNPSaint View Post
    I'll have to check on default images of the page from factory but every update that came out as of late ended up at the bottom. I can't recall which order the updates came but my bottom 4 are network+, feedback to Nokia, extras+info then display+touch. One of those was in the middle of the list by default when I got the phone originally. I think it might have been display+touch.
    Sorry. I was a bit dense. I was thinking that you meant whatever settings are updated(I was thinking last setting used) get sorted to the bottom of the list.
  10.    #10  
    +1 on that. Display+touch update is when I noticed it too. But thought I was just seeing things. The least that could help is alphabetically arranging them!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

    Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
  11. MNPSaint's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    +1 on that. Display+touch update is when I noticed it too. But thought I was just seeing things. The least that could help is alphabetically arranging them!
    Agreed. Either that or keep them at the same position, something that'll allow for consistency so it's easier to locate everytime.

Similar Threads

  1. Marketplace is in the wrong language
    By Kibosh in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-26-2013, 02:42 PM
  2. Anyone have the same problem with pictures?
    By Trader05 in forum HTC Arrive / 7 Pro
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 08:55 PM

Posting Permissions