12-12-2012, 10:36 AM #1
- 36 Posts
I spent a good amount of time trying to sync my gmail contact’s birthday calendar with Windows Phone.
The reason that I'm still using gmail account for all my contacts is that Hotmail (Outlook) doesn't allow to insert a picture for the contacts that don't have a Microsoft Account picture. So…
Here is a trick that works:
1) Send yourself or type in the Windows Phone browser the following link:
2) Open this link in your Window Phone
3) Sign-In with your Google account
4) Select appropriate device
5) Check your Shared Calendar
No other ways seems to work at this time.
I hope this will help other people and novices who has recently switched from other platforms and experiencing a hard time to set it up.
- 12-12-2012, 10:52 AM #2
The fact that I can't simply add a picture to my Live/Outlook contacts is so annoying. You can do it via the phone, however they don't show up online so if I wipe my device I don't know if they will actually come back or not... I should try it, but I don't wanna.. :)
- 12-12-2012, 11:14 AM #3
Holy smokes, it looks like it IS saving my Live pictures.
I have a Live account with no picture. On my WP8 device I manually set a picture for that contact. It never, ever shows up on my live.com outlook.com contact list.
However, I just checked my iPad and it indeed shows up in that contact list! So that's sweet.
- By petroll in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 04-10-2012, 02:30 PM
- By cp2_4eva in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 04-03-2012, 07:40 PM
- By mhedgpeth in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 11-30-2011, 05:57 PM
- By jester0110 in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 17Last Post: 06-22-2011, 09:47 AM
- By ctt1wbw in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 04-18-2011, 06:54 AM