Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By beej
  • 1 Post By aubreyq
  • 1 Post By aubreyq
  1.    #1  
    I'm new to WP8, and I have a problem with the stock Facebook app.I can like postings, but comments on those postings I cannot seem to find out how to like. Could anyone guide me, please?

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Only way is to use IE and access Facebook through there. The FB app sucks, tbh.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Hmmm. I don't have WP8 yet but on the WP7 version of the Facebook app there is a "Like" link you can tap right under each comment made in a post. You can tap it again if you want to take your "Like" back.

You have to open the post by pressing the little chat bubble icon and at the bottom there is a like button. You get used to it after a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by OppfinnarJocke View Post
    I'm new to WP8, and I have a problem with the stock Facebook app.I can like postings, but comments on those postings I cannot seem to find out how to like. Could anyone guide me, please?
    There's no way to do it that I've found. It's kind of a glaringly missing feature in the FB app. I swear the FB app was written by people that rarely, if ever, use FB.

-E
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by NickyNichols View Post
    You have to open the post by pressing the little chat bubble icon and at the bottom there is a like button. You get used to it after a couple times.
    That's how you "like" the post, not a comment on a post. There's no way to do what the OP was askng.

-E
    Are we using the same FB app? I can like comments by hitting the "like" button right under the comment. How is it so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Are we using the same FB app? I can like comments by hitting the "like" button right under the comment. How is it so hard?
    I was thinking the same thing. I can't like comments via the People Hub/Me Tile...but I can from the FB App for sure.
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I can't like comments via the People Hub/Me Tile...but I can from the FB App for sure.
    Perhaps the OP is referring to the integrated Facebook and not the actual app???
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    Perhaps the OP is referring to the integrated Facebook and not the actual app???
    Maybe that's what "stock app" means?

Yeah, that's what I meant also. It's too early in the AM for me to post competently.

-E
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Maybe that's what "stock app" means?
    Perhaps, but only the OP knows for sure. Never heard it referred to it in that manner. Bottom line: it's not exactly what you'd call an "app."
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by E Lizzle View Post
    Yeah, that's what I meant also. It's too early in the AM for me to post competently.

-E
    The integrated Fb is limited in its own ways. Get FB app from market place for liking comments.

Global Posts
    1,654 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OppfinnarJocke View Post
    Do you mean the intergrated Facebook stuff? Not the stand alone Facebook app?

For the intergrated stuff, no, you can not like comments. You have to use the Facebook app for that, or the website.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    The FB app, and the integrated app sucks balls in many ways. It's as if the developers want to play with our emotions. lol

You just gotta be creative. The bugs will get worked out in time.
  17.    #17  
    Yes, that's what I meant by the "stock app". Maybe it is not considered an "app", sorry for the bad terminology... Anyways, as I understand it, there is no way to like a comment on a posting through that whatchamacallit. I sure thought there were, only that I couldn't find it. Thanks all.
  18.    #18  
    OK, I DL'd the FB app from teh store, and it looks pretty good.

I cannot understand though... WP8 ships with a crappy FB-integration app, what I called the "stock app", and then there exists a useful free FB-app. Both are made by MS! Why don't they ship the phone with the useful FB-app directly? New user are going to be put off when trying the phone out teh first time, looking at the stock FB-app. This happened to me... how was I to know that MS had another FB-app available that is much better than the stock one? I don't get it, to me this is simply bad marketing...

bookmark touch.facebook.com
    Pin to start.

MS has gotten in trouble before with bundling apps with their OS.

Your wish has been granted. WP: changing lives one app at a time.

Global Posts
    1,361 Global Posts
    So... using the built-in FB integration, you can't "like" comments, only posts. Using the FB app from the Store, however, you can; there's a little "like" word under each comment which you can tap.

While I had dropped the FB app for the built-in integration, it looks like I'm going to switch back to the FB app with today's update. It's much faster and is better looking than either iOS's or Android's FB app.