- 12-12-2012, 01:28 AM #1
I have always used Ebuddy, but i dont really like it on my new Windows Phone i switched from iphone.
Any recommendations? I mainly text with my wife but she has an iphone. What app do you guys recommend, has to be able to send text and pics even video if possible over data.
something that uses the wm8 features, maybe works with the lock screen etc.
- 12-12-2012, 01:37 AM #2
I don't think there's a need for messenger apps since the built in threads work pretty great. Facebook, MSN, text all in one place. If you're talking about 3rd party messaging apps, there's whatsapp (which currently is not in marketplace), line, wechat, kakao, kik, and many others. I personally recommend line or wechat, most smooth on WP8 and also tons of fun features. But your friends would also have to have the app so you can chat along
- 12-12-2012, 01:44 AM #3
Sorry guys clearly im tired,
This is what i ment.
WhatsApp, is what we currently use, on her iphone and now on my wm8. I just dosent work great on the wm8 and i know that its been taken of the store, eventhough i have it. So is there any way for me to communicate with my wife through the phone. Dont wanna use FaceBook. So i guess i was thinking is there a better app than whatsapp? again wanna be able to send pics and msg , and i would like it to work great with my phone and decent with her phone too.
- 12-12-2012, 01:49 AM #4
1. Wait for the newly improved, WP8 compatible Whatsapp and give it a try (coming out in the matter of days according to WPCentral)
2. Try one of the cross-platform apps I just mentioned in my previous reply: Line, WeChat, Kik Messenger, Talkbox, and Kakao (personal preference in that order)
- 12-12-2012, 01:53 AM #6
Try those apps out, you would really wonder why you used Whatsapp before, haha. The only reason whatsapp is still in high demand is because it has the most users really.
- By hossiam in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 20Last Post: 10-16-2013, 02:48 AM
- By Trexcapades in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 0Last Post: 11-09-2012, 09:13 AM
- By jkrc717 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 08-21-2012, 11:03 AM
- By Heavy Fluid in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 07-29-2011, 12:16 PM