12-12-2012, 12:00 AM #1
- 124 Posts
Does anyone know how text messages are backed up in WP8? And how often? I want to save battery so I turned both the backup for Applist&settings and Text Messages off. But I still want to periodically back them both up. With Applist & Settings, I can simply turn it on, and a button "Back Up Now" will pop up and I can back it up right then and then turn the back up off once I'm done doing it. But with the Text Messages, there's no option to "Back Up Now". Will it back up all my texts everytime I turn the back up on or does it only back up the messages I send/recieve while it is on? I would prefer if it was like the Applist back up where I could leave the back up off to save battery and every month I manually back it up. But it doesn't give me an option to back it up now.
12-12-2012, 04:15 AM #3
- 45 Posts
The messages appear in your Outlook/Hotmail Email Account.
If you agree to Backup the messages a special folder is created and the message are stored there.
Folder name "Message History"
Last edited by Daniel Hitzel; 12-12-2012 at 05:05 AM.
- By fourbadcats in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 8Last Post: 03-04-2013, 07:52 PM
- By DaddyLikey in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 12-28-2012, 11:37 PM
- By ragingsilver in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 11-17-2012, 05:54 PM
- By F2a in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 18Last Post: 11-14-2012, 12:50 AM
- By buckeyeballer09 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 11-11-2011, 11:50 AM