Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By conanheath
  • 1 Post By PeeHoo
  • 2 Post By inteller

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering other than the inbuild stock Windows 8 Keyboard, are there external 3rd party keyboard which you will recommend?

Cheers

The Windows Phone SDK doesn't allow the use of third party keyboards (More like iOS than Android in that sense), so other than swapping languages or color themes built in keyboard is all you have. Which isn't too bad because it's a pretty great soft keyboard

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I'm having some trouble with replacing words automatically. Like its and it's. I really only use "it's" and it won't auto populate. Is there a way to force commonly used words or will I have to select right use every time? Sorry, kinda off topic.
    Resident Developer

Conan I've noticed that as well, used to be better in wp7 I swear. But I've found that if you type 'its' and wait for half a second to tap the replacement it works well enough. Also the keyboard does learn over time that you're more likely to use the apostrophe with these letters so just keep typing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickosw View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering other than the inbuild stock Windows 8 Keyboard, are there external 3rd party keyboard which you will recommend?

Cheers
    There's really only one recommendation, and that is to get used to the keyboard, use it, and let it learn you, because it will, and you will learn that it actually is a very good keyboard. The reason this is the only recommendation is because you cannot install any other keyboard. The OS doesn't have any way of doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by conanheath View Post
    I'm having some trouble with replacing words automatically. Like its and it's. I really only use "it's" and it won't auto populate. Is there a way to force commonly used words or will I have to select right use every time? Sorry, kinda off topic.
    You really only use "it's"? Hmmm.... Do you realize that its and it's are really two different words, and it's not a preference issue? Its is possessive, and it's is a contraction of it and is. But yes, like Jay said, the keyboard will learn your typing patterns.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Yes, I know the difference. If I didn't, it wouldn't be an issue. I proof read everything. I can't stand posts that read like an eight year old wrote them. I'm not saying my grammar is perfect, but I try. I came from BB which could be highly customized. I'm not complaining about WP keyboard. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking a simple solution. And thanks Jay for answering my question. It will be hard for WP to learn my preferences when I keep typing as I did on my BB and expecting correction to occur automatically. Just a learning curve.
    idavid likes this.

I really like to see Swype in my Lumia 920 ;)
    Mahdi Ghiasi likes this.

Global Posts
    2,467 Global Posts
    every time I see someone using swype I swear they look like a ******. i'm so sick of hearing that stupid gimmick brought up.
    Thanked by:
    Mystictrust and Sekyal like this.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    is there a way for me to add new words ? so i can use the autocorrect to wat i wan ?

After you type out the word, tap it to highlight it and the you will see that word in the suggestion box with a + sign in front of it. Select that to add to the dictionary. Not sure if it will autocorrect to those new words, but they will start showing up in the suggestion list at least.
    Thanked by:

Wao... Good idea.. I really like this new idea.. I love to visit that place..

Where can I get the free Apps for 9-keyboard?